Fuel in the UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody

I would like to know the prices of fuel in the UK. Thats gasoline and diesel. Since the price of a barrel has been going up, so has the gas pump price. I think you pay quite a bit more than we do already, but would like to know for sure.
This question is open to Japan and Europe and others also.

Thanks in advance
Travis
PS I have gas and diesel vehicles

Hi Travis

My car is a turbocharged sports car and so will only run on 'premium' fuel at 98RON.

Needless to say I pay a premium rate for petrol :cry:

I have to pay about 87p per litre for this stuff (but it's worth it!! for the performance :lol: )

What you got Tony :?: I only use 98Ron in my Subaru

Jason

jasonB":27wylxve said:
What you got Tony :?: I only use 98Ron in my Subaru

Jason

AMD tuned Audi S3 Quattro (final model)

Which Subarru? Imprezza?

STI???? :shock:

Gosh, is that supposed to be a gloat? I thought it was an admission of Premier Anorak Status... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

My Aston Martin DBS Vantage also prefers the higher octane fuels, though I find my Bentley Turbo runs well on the ordinary stuff, as does the wife's Mclaren F1.
John

£0.799/litre in my neck of the woods for unleaded, diesel's somewhere around £0.83/litre

johnelliott":oopdqfao said:
My Aston Martin DBS Vantage also prefers the higher octane fuels, though I find my Bentley Turbo runs well on the ordinary stuff, as does the wife's Mclaren F1.
ROTFL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it my age but i can remember jet petrol @ five bob a gallon, thats 4 gallons to the pound for the young ones on the group 8) :lol: :lol: a bit before your time alf

who pinched me zimmer frame :wink:

Travis, diesel and petrol works out about £5 per gallon (imperial gallon, bit more than your gallon) which is roughly $9.40 at current rates. In big mac parity price that's about $6.00 per gallon.

Noel

John, can you get an 8x4 in the Aston or do you use a roof rack :?: :wink:

Jason

I would assume the butler follows in a van with the 8 x 4.......

Pretty expensive here Travis as you can see.

When I last lived in Oklahoma City (1997) it was 99 cents a gallon. What's it cost now ?

Jeff

That's funny, Jeff. I thought most vehicles in South Wales ran on recycled chip pan oil.

Gill

frank":3gpeiw0k said:
is it my age but i can remember jet petrol @ five bob a gallon, thats 4 gallons to the pound for the young ones on the group 8) :lol: :lol: a bit before your time alf

I can remember going to get petrol for the rotary hoe, 2 gallon can 10 bob note and came back with change, trouble is I can't remember how much :roll:

Thanks everyone for your answers.
Here in Southern Okla. the price for 87 octane is $1.85 per gal and diesel is $2.00 per gal. Whats gets me is that diesel ,for 50 years, has always been cheaper than reg gas. It is cheaper to produce, but the oil companies have manipulated the prices. Between the Oil Cos. and the Arabs, we are over the barrel. :x
I guess if it get too high, I will air the tires on the bike. :D
On another note--I have a turbo on my diesel. Does that count for anything :D
Travis

I've just about managed to stop chuckling whenever I hear folk on the other side of the pond bitchin about their fuel prices... god knows what the fuss would be if they'd our duty to pay for too..

right now I'm facing having to re-engine the Landrover, with a possible LPG conversion too..... makes sense when it's £0.38/litre and mileage is near identical...

Latest posts

Back