fuel guage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
This the new fuel guage for small autos in the US. Larger autos will be adjusted accordingly. (Pic snitched from another forum.) Pic was made before the last 5 increases. 8)
Fuel.jpg

Travis

<chokin...

I'd need 3 o them t cover the fuel I burned just today.....sheesh...

septics donno when they got it easy....... :wink:

Gasoline went to $2.50 per gallon here in Central Iowa (USA.) That's with ethanol added which is the cheapest grade here. Do any of you in other parts of the world care to comment on how much your paying now?

We're paying about 90p per litre, which works out at about $6.10 per US gallon I think.

Combination of Kyoto and a political system that has always liked fuel taxes.

:shock: $45! Filled my car today, cost me £60 = approx. $108.

Travis, is the reason for the costings on the guage because you pay in advance at the kiosk for how much gas you want to purchase, to prevent 'drive-offs', compared to the UK where we fill up first and then pay? (I recall experiencing that system a while back on a visit to the US.)

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev

In the smallish town (28K) where I live, we still fill up and then pay. Some of the service station have signs saying "After dark, pay first".
In the larger cities, Dallas or Oklahoma City, a lot of pay first signs even during day light hours. As the prices continue to rise I expect to see more and more of the Pay First signs, even in my small world.
This high price of fuel is one of my pet peeves. I would like to talk to someone toe to toe about this, but who? If they are smart enough to rob us then they are smart enough to hide themselves. Ranting and Raving mode off. :evil:

Travis

I think you want to have a good shout at those depleting reserves. Supply and demand and all that, Iraq war hasn't helped in the short term as well, and they are having to spend ever more money on finding and extracting more marginal stuff. Better get used it to it, and some (including me) would say in your nation faster than most. It sounds too cheap to me, and frankly it little no wonder your country won't sign up to Kyoto if you are complaining about those prices.

NorthEast England - 90p/litre (sorry,89.9 :wink: )

I remember when fuel started being sold in litres and every petrol station had conversion charts on the pumps to compare price per litre to price per gallon - think the scale went up to about 46ppl :shock: (If only it still was..)

So how come a couple of years ago,we had blockades on oil refineries because of the price,but now we just seem to accept the continual rise ?

Tsk, chaps. You're not looking for the positives here. Fuel prices going up, yep? So the cost of tools and timber will go up too, yep? So every excuse to buy now and patiently explain to TPTB's that you are, in fact, saving money in the long run.

Just trying to be a fuel-tank-half-full kinda person. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

I saw diesel at 98.9p per litre in the London area last week. I'm glad I filled up at home in sunny Devon (94.9p at Morrisons) before I set off! It still cost me £80 to fill my Frontera.

Any way, the £1 litre is very close, and probably won't stop there. :(

Getting depressed now,

John

Travis
Are you simply gloating about how cheap your petrol is? You've come to the wrong place if you are looking for sympathy, mate, you have the cheapest petrol in the western world.

Whatever one's party political affiliations, it's difficult to avoid the
conclusion that the United States is a very large part of the problem, and will probably remain so until ordinary Americans start paying the full economic price of the policies of the government it elects (I use the term loosely), in the same way that the rest of have done for years.

I'll fill your tank if you fill mine.

Cheers
Steve

Hi,
The UK issue is that the cost of petrol is mostly TAX.

With petrol near me today at 91p/litre or about £4.55 per gallon...really 5 litres but close enough....the actual cost of petrol is only about 28p per litre delivered to the petrol station. The remainder is tax going to that well known puritanical, thief Gordon Brown in the Treasury.

The time has come to begin to object, to not vote for Labour or Conservative or Liberal until we get smaller, cheaper government and lose about 50,000 civil servants to go into useful employment.

regards
alan

I didn't intend to gloat that our fuel is cheaper than yours. My wife and I have to about 350 miles per week to go to work. :oops: I use my van for work and I drive another 100 miles in town -- stop and go traffic. It is to the point that I am going to have to find a different job as I am losing money doing this one.

I know you are right when you say politics has alot to do with energy costs.

Anyway, I'd like to apoligize if I offended anybody.

<Moderator hint>Kids! Don't play with politics; you'll only hurt yourselves. [-X

The novelty of having to keep reminding folks of this is starting to wear a little thin here, chaps...

Cheers, Alf

Alf
Is it not possible to discuss this as adults? I don't think anyone has been childish here.

I certainly am not offended. Exasperated, maybe, but not offended. But surely it is only by dialogue on difficult subjects that we get to understand the other guy's viewpoint. I can see, for example, that it can't be easy for anyone having to drive 350miles a week just to go to work. But then that leads to question of why we have built a society where people have to do that to earn a living. I would rather ordinary people engage in a non-personal rantette than their countries do, well, what's been done throughout history, and is still being done today I won't mention the I word). Or is that too political a statement?

As far as I can see, this has not been Political at all, (Labour, Tory, Democrat, Republican etc.) more a discussion on the reasons why we are in the position we are and how each of us is experiencing it differently in the wallet.

Shall I shut up now? OK, fair enough.

Cheers
Steve, no offence intended nor taken.

Back