Fuel crisis

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, let's just backtrack on this for a sec..
Now who benefits most from 'surge' or 'panic' buying.....

the Exchequer, the Govt, call 'em what you will and in two ways, increased duty from increased fuel sales AND
increased tax receipts from the Fuel companies...

..and who was it that sparked the panic buying..... The govt that's who...

is that not a clear cut example of insider trading or illegal 'market moving' !! :twisted: :twisted:

SteveB43":trugz2q2 said:
Now who benefits most from 'surge' or 'panic' buying.....

the Exchequer, the Govt, call 'em what you will and in two ways, increased duty from increased fuel sales AND
increased tax receipts from the Fuel companies...
Not unless everybody drives a lot more than usual. There will be a sales slump after everybody has filled their tanks.
..and who was it that sparked the panic buying..... The govt that's who...

is that not a clear cut example of insider trading or illegal 'market moving' !! :twisted: :twisted:
Nothing so clever - they are just a bunch of jumped-up public school silly billy thickos who couldn't organise a booze up etc etc.

Nobody benefits - people are not using more over the next 2-3 weeks, they are just filling up now instead of later. Same amount gets used in the long term so no advantage in terms of duty.

Jacob":1kay0ltv said:
they are just a bunch of jumped-up public school silly billy thickos who couldn't organise a booze up etc etc.

Be careful who you insult Jacob - I and many other genuine individuals went to Public School :shock: :shock: I am not destroying this country but ignorance is.

I wonder how much extra tax the government will make in this financial year.

None from panic buying, next week, if there is no strike, the filling stations will sell less won't they.

Roy.

Not necessarily instead of people thinking before driving they will more than likely make longer and or unnecessary journeys "as the cars full anyway"

Digit":1717mbl5 said:
I wonder how much extra tax the government will make in this financial year.

None from panic buying, next week, if there is no strike, the filling stations will sell less won't they.

Roy.

Roy

Next week is the new financial year.

Tom

StevieB":1478e4sk said:
Nobody benefits

Not so. The petrol stations owners (at least round here) are benefiting significantly as they are marking up the price of the fuel at the pump by up to 10p per litre.

So they won't be making any extra money!

Roy.

Digit":iwavgbkl said:
So they won't be making any extra money!

Roy.

Are you replying to my post? If so, how do you work out that they aren't making extra profit?

'Cos overal the amount of petrol sold is unlikely to change is it?

Roy.

Was down to the reserve yesterday, so nipped into the local Morrisons, which had a queue, but no more than you would see on a Sat morning. Got to the pump in < 5 mins. Filled the tank as that should last me almost 3 weeks, assuming no long trips.

Was thinking about going to London on Sat for techie conference, but seriously reconsidering that, as a return trip would suck nearly 2/3's of a tank. :( and don't fancy running out if the panic buying continues.

Dibs

Why doesn't everyone go out and buy a couple of years 1st class postage stamps!

That would cause a shortage and you should get the equivalent of 30% on your investment.

:wink: :x

Well the sheep clearly aren't early risers - went to fuel up at 6.30 when the petrol station opened and there were only a handful of cars. Bet it won't be like that later on today....

Jacob wrote:
they are just a bunch of jumped-up public school silly billy thickos who couldn't organise a booze up etc etc.

Dodge wrote:
Be careful who you insult Jacob - I and many other genuine individuals went to Public School I am not destroying this country but ignorance is.

Roger,
As a denizen of the Common Room (Staffroom) in one, I can understand a little of where Jacob is coming from. But, I can also see how it has been initiated, sustained and embellished.The trouble is threefold: sweeping generalisation, jealousy and association. Sweeping generalisation: all Public school boys are self-absorbed, dim, plonkers; Thank You, Kelvin Mackensie et al. Jealousy: why should THEY have all the money, cars, holidays, randy women? Association: there HAVE been some actual great steaming half-wits; committing irrresponsible, selfish, acts and they HAVE attended public school. It's just noise really. See it every day to fill column space or fill TV time. Boring.

For what it it worth, the Real Problem, as I see it, is the profound dishonesty and self-centred rapacious behaviour of political animals. Labour, Tory, DUP, they are all the same, with the possible exceptions of Jack Ashley, Frank Field, Martin Bell and Austin Wotisname - who tried (unsuccessfully) to get houses issued with Tax Books, same as cars, to make selling houses cheaper. HE got voted down resoundingly by Parliment as it would deprive lawyers of income....remind me what profession most M.P.'s were before election? ....lawyers! Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Sam

Yep! Despite Jacon's continuation of the Class War idiocy makes no distinction between Class, age, gender, education, race, status nor money!
To your list of MPs I would add Tony Benn and the 'Beast of Bolsover, and I'm a right winger!

Roy.

Old Etonian George Orwell, in 1941: "It is important not to misunderstand their motives, or one cannot predict their actions. What is to be expected of them is not treachery, or physical cowardice, but stupidity, unconscious sabotage, an infallible instinct for doing the wrong thing. They are not wicked, or not altogether wicked; they are merely unteachable. Only when their money and power are gone will the younger among them begin to grasp what century they are living in."

Full article here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... NTCMP=SRCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back