Fuchsia Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

This box was specially produced for Aryma, the creators of the realistic fuchsia marquetry used on the lid and box front. The interior has been finished with sawn Native Sycamore veneers and the matching Sycamore single tray is lined in rich red suede. The striking colour combinations of red, black, green and cream denote an oriental feel. The finish is an open grained French polish and high quality nickel hardware has been used.

This was a first for me using veneers that had to line up so precisely but all turned out well and they were over the moon.

Cheers

Ian

aryma1-1.jpg

aryma2.jpg

aryma3.jpg

aryma5.jpg

aryma6.jpg

aryma7.jpg

Fantastic job on the box, looks great! =D> How did you make the wood black? I'm making a jewellery box at the moment and thinking about making all/parts of it black. I would love to see how they done the marquetry, I presume they just dye the wood?

stunning , your work just seems to get better which i didn't think was possible .

Thanks All.

Cmwatt - the black is dyed Bolivor veneer. The marquetry is laser cut and then inlaid by hand. Below are some larger images.

I am currently working on another 2 for Aryma only with different pictures and background colours, one of which will be going to some quite special.

Cheers

Ian

out2.jpg

out1.jpg

inside3.jpg

inside2.jpg

hinge.jpg

Thanks for the info Ian. :)

How easy is it to fit the lock? Do you just create a mortice with a router? How deep would it be? Reason for asking is I am considering buying some box hardware from yourself but don't know if I have the right tools for the job.

Regards.

Hi Craig

Instructions supplied - I use the router table with a 9mm bit for the strike plate and it works fine, the case can then be drilled out with a 7mm drill bit and cleaned up with a chisel.

Cheers

Ian

This was by far the nicest box that I had ever seen, until I saw the Humming Bird Box on your website. Now I am torn between the two.

Excellent work as always.

Back