• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH - miscellaneous items - All Gone Now

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulleyt

Established Member
Reaction score
In yet another workshop tidy up / reorganisation / rethink I decided to get rid of the following items. I've been relocating them in the workshop through various similar exercises over the past five years and I think I can safely say I'll not find a use for them so if they can be of use to anyone else that would be a bonus. I'll cover postage costs (UK only, sorry) and would only ask that any takers make a charitable donation of their choice if they are in a position to do so. I make no claims to the brilliance/usefulness/desirability of any of these items but I hesitate to chuck them without trying to find them a loving home.

#1 Stanley No 144 10" Mk4 Brace Drill Home found
I can't find the power lead for this so it's going :)

Brace.jpg

#2 6-piece set of 400mm long Erbauer Auger bits (10mm, 13mm, 16mm, 19mm, 22mm and 26mm) Home Found
When I retired I got carried away with the Screwfix "Deal of the Day". This set of six bits came up and I got caught up in the excitement of a small saving. The only bit that has seen any "use" is the 10mm, but I can't think what I used it for so I suspect it was just an exploratory exercise to test the bits.

Auger Bits.jpg

#3 Spear and Jackson 22" 9tpi hand saw Home Found
I've had this for many years but never use it. I may have inherited it from my father but memory fails me. It needs some attention - sharpening and some rust spot removal - neither of which give me any pleasure so it's got to go.

S&J saw.jpg

#4 Wooden moulding rebate plane - Home found
As I retired and came back to woodworking a friend gave me this plane that they'd bought in a second-hand shop somewhere. While I feel indebted to the thoughtfulness of this friend, I have zero interest in restoring planes and I'm fed up of moving it around the workshop. So, if anyone sees any worth in it they would be most welcome to it. The condition is not great, but the hardware may be of interest.

Rebate.jpg

Thanks, Trevor

Last edited:
If anyone doesn’t take you up on your kind offer may I suggest donating them to charity. During lockdown I did culling of my old tools, I got intouch with a Christian charity that collects , re-furbish and sends all types of tools over to Africa.

I’ll have the brace and the S&J saw if still available — will send a PM.

Hi Trevor, I would love the augers please. I’ll send you a PM. The RNLI is my charity of choice, hope that’s ok 👍
Thanks, I've replied to your message.

Damn, those augers...... If anything goes wrong with that put me on the reserve list, please.

I'll bear it in mind Mike, although I can't see anything going wrong.

If anyone doesn’t take you up on your kind offer may I suggest donating them to charity. During lockdown I did culling of my old tools, I got intouch with a Christian charity that collects , re-furbish and sends all types of tools over to Africa.
Thanks, I'll follow that up if they don't all go here.

Hi Trevor, since no one better qualified has taken the plane in a week, I'd be happy to give it a home and see if I can get it working again.
Regards
Chris

Hi Trevor, since no one better qualified has taken the plane in a week, I'd be happy to give it a home and see if I can get it working again.
Regards
Chris
Hi Chris

Send me a message with your address and I'll drop it in the post.

Cheers, Trevor

I just want to say a huge thank you to Trevor. The augers arrived safely yesterday, they were very well packed and they are great! (y)(y)(y)

I'll be putting them to work this week and ensuring that the RNLI get an extra donation this month.

Cheers :D

I just want to say a huge thank you to Trevor. The augers arrived safely yesterday, they were very well packed and they are great! (y)(y)(y)

I'll be putting them to work this week and ensuring that the RNLI get an extra donation this month.

Cheers :D
You're very welcome. I'm delighted that they will get some use at last.

Back