• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH: Metal working vise (no name) Collection Only EN10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
This vise is ok. It does work but there is a little stiffness in the handle as you turn it at part of the rotation but it does up ok. I think it was possibly dropped or overtightened at some point? Handle has a slight bend in it. There is a tiny amount of rack in the jaws. If you want a super precise old Record etc, go and buy one but if you need a big old lump in shed/garage etc to serve occasional general holdy purpose and use as an anvil this will do just fine. No idea on its brand or history. My Dad gave it to me and he had it in his garage for years for the above purposes and I'd like this to get used but at some point it will go to the scrappy otherwise. It takes up too much space to keep it unused as I have a Record 74 now.
I'm in Herts. Google Hoddesdon for location. Collection only so don't even ask! :D

Cheers,
Chris

PvLICb6.jpg

XR1kjOd.jpg

Just a little bump. I thought this might have gone tbh. Just in case I was too honest in the description, the vise works fine. The rack is virtually undetectable for general purposes and would be no issue for most uses.
Just in case I was putting anyone off what is a fair, if not high end bit of kit.
It's a donkey not a racehorse but you could still ride it to the pub for a pint.
So to speak.
Don't make me leave it outside for the local snappers!
Cheers
Chris

Damm ur a 1,000 miles away.....
if it doesn't go I'll get somebody to move it...then I'll get it here on the next truck.....
don't tell the wife....lol.....
but let the rest have a go at it....
I neded 2x40ft Artics to move my stuff here, and the only household item was a new American fridge bought in error.....
the rest was toolsn machines, a 1928 Citroen pick up and 2 Vinyard tractors I can't live without.....hahaha....
and I'd just sold all my Wadkin gear.....

Frank if you can get someone to pick it I will hang on to it for 6 months. No worries. I want it to go to a user.

My old vise will make you a better soldier, there's yet another reason to FTGAH. 😉

Last edited:
Back