FS UG mitersaw stand - ease of transportation for apartment work?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andruckles

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a mitersaw stand for my FS Kapex 60, and I’ve been looking a lot at the FS UG-KA-KS stand. I find it ridiculously expensive as most FS stuff, but i really like the ease of quick setup and transportation since its always on wheels. Now, I do a lot of work in apartments these days, meaning i have to carry my tools up a lot of stairs daily, and i wonder how much of a hassle the UG stand would be for that purpose. I would like to get of cutting on the floor, which is the reason for considering buying a stand, but if its too impractical dragging up the stairs maybe its not worh it. Does anyone here have experince with dragging this stand up and down stairs (with the saw mounted ofc.)? Is it heavy and impractical or not a problem at all?

Also any other pros and cons about the stand or other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I have the stand and wings for my Kapex 120 and think it is excellent but I haven't dragged it up and down stairs very often. The times I have I found the going up isn't too bad it's the coming down that is a bit awkward.

It is very portable but more suited to smooth ground, the wheels are solid so it rattles and shakes when you drag it over rough ground, some pneumatic tyres would certainly help but I guess wouldn't be as solid when set up.

Just checked the current price of it 😲 bought mine years ago, think I paid about half that.

Latest posts

Back