FS: Felder AF-10 dust extractor *mint*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbmcg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

This is absolutely the last piece of kit I am selling, again if nobody is interested I'll ebay it.

It's a Felder AF-10 dust extractor that came as part of the deal for my combo machine. I was going to use it, but my Record machine attaches to the wall in a corner and takes up less room and sucks just as much so to speak :p

It is single phase 240V, induction motor, 1500m3/h, has 120mm inlet (Felder sell a 120 to 100 converter for £7) with about 1.5m of flexible hose. It is *very* quiet for a dust extractor and built with typical Felder quality.

It's a couple of years old I think (hence the green colour rather than grey) but it has had the same use as my combination machine had - about 1 hour. The bag was a quarter full when I picked it up and the lady had never emptied it!)

The price new for a single phase unit (£20+Vat surcharge on standard) is £360. I'm looking for bang on half price £180 plus shipping (probably about £15-20).

Your chance to own some Felder kit without it busting the bank :p

Anybody who is interested can drop me a PM.

Cheers
Bob

Here is the bumph from the Felder catalogue
catalogue.jpg

A full length shot
fulllength.jpg

A close up
closeup1.jpg

Out of interest which of the Record extractors do you have? I have a Record DX5000 and am buying a Felder combi unit and have looked at buying the AF10 or AF22 extractors. The Record i have doesn't cope with extracting from my current 10" planer let alone the new 12", plus it's noisy.
So, if you could pass on an opinion that'd be great.
Where in the country are you? May be interested in your unit.

Thanks

Hi Res,

I've been extolling the virtues of the DX5000 to a few members recently and I'm happy enough with it. I have about 40' of ducting and it draws without problem from TS (2 ports), 12" thicknesser, jointer, router table etc. Granted it's not the quietest in the world (but a not a problem as ear defenders on all the time) but bag capacity and draw are excellent. For the money I think it's good. Having said that I haven't had much to compare it too.

Noel

The Restorer":1c8713lr said:
Out of interest which of the Record extractors do you have? I have a Record DX5000 and am buying a Felder combi unit and have looked at buying the AF10 or AF22 extractors. The Record i have doesn't cope with extracting from my current 10" planer let alone the new 12", plus it's noisy.
So, if you could pass on an opinion that'd be great.
Where in the country are you? May be interested in your unit.
Thanks

I too have the DX5000 and I'm astonished that it doesn't clear chips from your planer :shock:

It almost sucks the blades out of mine and that's with 10m of flexible hose attached! :shock:

Are you sure it isn't needing a good clean out? Do you have the paper filter bags fitted? If you don't the two cartridge filters clog up rapidly and the units performance dips substantially.

I'm just outside Glasgow which is no doubt quite a bit out of your way :roll:

I have been using the AF-10 with my Felder CF731 for about two weeks now and it is absolutely perfect. Plenty of suck and very little dust or chips kicking about. To work the blade guard and chassis extraction you probably need the divider box which splits a 120mm into another 120mm plus an 80mm one which you can close off with a blast gate which is another £72. oh yes and you need the 80mm to 50mm converter plus a length of 50mm hose (which might comewith the machine?). Money money money. :cry:

Drop me a PM if you are interested in the AF-10

My DX5000 with 2.5 metres of hose attached directly to my Scheppach planer thicknesser leaves a fair pile of chips behind after running through a few boards. Yes it does have the paper bags fitted. It sucks like mad and regularly implodes the collection bags so perhaps it's the outlet design from the PT?
I even resorted to washing out the material fabric bag thingy that sits in the top of the DX.
What is a PM??
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

The Restorer":1u8n7vcb said:
My DX5000 with 2.5 metres of hose attached directly to my Scheppach planer thicknesser leaves a fair pile of chips behind after running through a few boards. Yes it does have the paper bags fitted. It sucks like mad and regularly implodes the collection bags so perhaps it's the outlet design from the PT?
I even resorted to washing out the material fabric bag thingy that sits in the top of the DX.
What is a PM??
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

Is it the HMS260? If so, I used to own one up until a few weeks ago. There usually was a bit of clean up required under the table when switching from surfacing to thicknessing. I think the problem with the scheppach is that there are gaps in the hood where chips can get through because the 100mm fits into two different positions when you thickness and plane. I don't think it's anything to do with the Record IMHO

A PM is a Private Message (At the top right of the forum there should be a link to log in to check your messages - if you click it you can send a message to me and it means the good folks on the forum don't need to listen to us wittering on) :)

Back