• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Anarchist's Tool Chest by Chris Schwarz (Essential for Newbies!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billw

The Tattooed One
Reaction score
I was recommended this book by a fellow forum member and given I hadn't long been building up a tool collection I am very glad I took the time to read this book - it saved me a lot of grief and unnecessary expenditure. I'd love this book to go to someone who is at the start of the woodworking journey, and needs guidance on how to build up the basic requirements in hand tools.

So with that in mind I decided not to fix a price, I have got the full value I paid for it by creating a "to buy" list that I can tick off. There's a few chapters on building a tool chest too, sensible given the title of the book I suppose, but I'm already planning on making some Japanese style ones as well as cabinets.

It was £47 new, it still looks brand new, so I'll say a fiver for postage and whatever someone wants to offer on top of that can be a reflection on how much value they think they'll obtain from it. Sound fair? Great! In the interests of fairness, the first offer will get it, whatever it might be, I am just hoping it'll get a good home.

Back