From a good Bandsaw to a great Bandsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louie10

Established Member
Reaction score
I am new to this so please forgive my mistakes, I had purchased a Record Power BS400, a rock solid machine, heavily made and a saw that would comfortably last a lifetime if cared for, I build bespoke furniture, one offs for customers so although I do look after my machinery they do work for a living. Anyways the BS400 ticked all the boxes but its weakest spot was its guide bearings, a great saw with a stone-age bearing guide arrangement, try as I might I always had that nagging feeling in the back of my mind in relation to those bearings. I did my research and found a small company that machined an aftermarket upgrade but at nearly £150 I figured that why should I pay alot for the saw only to have to pay more for an upgrade! After much thought I parted ways with the BS400 and sold it on, I walked into my tool dealership and cast my eyes on Record Powers Sabre 350, where do I begin, a bandsaw that has taken a huge step forward in fact many, the saw is at last fitted with a bearing guide arrangement that makes sense and more importantly supports the travel and truness of the blade when cutting, I subjected the saw to a demanding cut, a very thin cut along a long board, the saw comfortably achieved this and the consistency of the cut was impressive, no thin and thick drafting, just a perfectly accurate precise cut along the length of wood throughout! The power of the saw at one and three quarter horse power is plenty, a smaller cast table in comparison to the BS400 but much thicker, a quieter saw when running, and a great fence that locks down rock solidly.
I have only had the new Sabre350 for a short time so i cannot comment on longevity but thus far this saw has jumped into the modern age with ease and could hold it's own against bandsaws two and three times its price.
Well done Record Power for the huge efforts and design clearly that has been put into this excellent machine, regards Louie (Louie's Workshop) Northern Ireland. 2021

I bought the Record Power Sabre 350 just before Christmas. I'm not a professional user and never plan to be. I think it's a terrific machine which will outlast me. One of the things that swung it for me with the Sabre 350 was the tool-less adjustment of the blade guides. That and the fence, which as Mike said above, is really solid.

Yes the guides are good, I was so tempted by the new Laguna with the ceramic guides but after viewing a fe YouTube videos of disappointed owners with wear issues on the ceramic guides I figured the Sabre was a better choice. I am please with the saws performance and the design and adjustability of the guides. When you run long stock through the saw and get constancy like this it's very satisfying. This is my third bandsaw, a few years ago I had an Eectra Beckum BAS500 and I then moved to the Record Power BS400 and now offcource the Sabre350 and so far the best saw by a huge margin.

Back