FRied Green Tomotes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShavings

Established Member
Reaction score
We'll tomatoes are comin on here in hillbilly heaven. We like fried green tomatoes here. Heard on the radio that the English like fried green tomatoes for Breakfast. How about a recipe or three
Over hear some use flower and some use corn meal.

Hi SS

SlimShavings":1gzx2soq said:
Heard on the radio that the English like fried green tomatoes for Breakfast.

It could be because I'm Welsh, but I've never known anybody have fried green tomatoes at any time of the day.

I enjoyed the film though.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":3pftisly said:
Hi SS

SlimShavings":3pftisly said:
Heard on the radio that the English like fried green tomatoes for Breakfast.

It could be because I'm Welsh, but I've never known anybody have fried green tomatoes at any time of the day.

me either, and im a trained chef

Green Tomato Chutney is very nice tho

I quite like fried red tomatoes at any time, but green, like WiZer, I associate with chutney. Got a good Apricot Chutney recipe, which is totally irrelevant but very tasty... :D

Cheers, Alf

Nope, no dang green tomatoes 'ere neither. Someone's bin windin you up fella! :lol:

Ike

Even the natives round here don't eat fried green tomatoes. Fried Mars bars and fried Snickers bars, perhaps; but no fried green tomatoes.

It was a great film, though :) .

Gill

PS - if you want pickle or chutney recipes, I've got an abundance. I used to sell my home produce at a local farm shop.

Well then Maybe I should give ya'all some recipe's. Your missing a good thing! :D
I'll have to write Garrison Keeler a note. It was on his Prarie Home Companion Radio Show. Which is a national show on weekends :?

Strange this, don't recall any brit talking about fried green tomatoes but in the 1945-1948 era when we had a selection of 'foriegn' nationals working on our farm, they would only have the Green ones never the Red when told to take them for their evening meal.

....at the whistle stop cafe

of American origin I believe

well if our cousins can eat them big greasy burgers they can eat the green tomatoes as long as they dont franchise them world wide (homer) the jolly green giant brand :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back