Fridge freezer doors on inset doors with face frame

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetset

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm trying to fit intergraded Neff fridge freezer doors to the inset panelled doors I've made for a face frame cabinet. The rest of my kitchen doors are hung on butt hinges.

Does anyone know if the the fridge freezer wooden cabinet doors also need butt hinges, or are they simply hung on, and supported by, the appliance doors?

Jim

You will probably have to make the face frame open with the f/f unless you have made the door opening 600mm rather than the overall faceframe.

Depending on the model you will either be able to hang the whole door on the appliance or use concealed hinges on the carcase with a follower on the opening side of the door, add dummy butts to keep the look

Jason

Here's one I prepared earlier;

IMG_0216.jpg

As Jason says, the best way of doing it is to include the frame as part of the door and have the whole lot open. I usually make the frame and door in the usual way, fix the hinges to the door and then glue the whole lot together with Gripfil or similar.

Then use normal concealed hinges if it is a slider system like the example above or the hinges that come with the fridge if appropriate.

Cheers
Brad

Thanks for the replies guys.

The model in question requires the cabinet doors to be hung on the appliance. No sliders are involved.

I really meant to ask if it was possible to do that and have butts as well but false butts seems the way to go.

Once again, thanks!

Jim

Back