Freud Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Now then as I've had a bit of a whoopsie :oops: with my router, I was looking for a replacement and this one looked likely to fit the bill its a Freud fvt2000vce..........any comments :?:

Bean

Nice one Neil
But is it me or did the tread lose the plot about half way through :?

More research needed

Bean

Bean":20aj7paj said:
did the tread lose the plot about half way through :?

Oh yes, was that 0870 or 0845 :wink:

Sorry to hear about your router Bean, there are quite a few ideas in The Router for using them fixed into a jig, so the power devil may live on yet. :D

Hi Dave
I'm thinking of mounting it to a wall and using it as a dremel type tool with a flexible I may need to do a bit more playing yet

Bean

But is it me or did the tread lose the plot about half way through

Personally I don't think that thread made it to the 2nd post without loosing it.....but who am I to judge...

Bean... re the Freud..
I have it's predecessor the FT2000E. I've said elsewhere on this forum that it's built like the proverbial brick chithouse, TONS of power (I regularly use mine to raise fielded panels with the Freud panel raising set) variable speed, electronic torque control/constant speed, loads of plunge depth, a good side fence with micro adjust and a dedicated click on/click off power switch that doesn't need tywraps or tape to function in the router table.
Best feature for me was the built in micro adjust for the cut depth (an optional extra with the Trends) that I've found lately is accurate to within 1/10th of a mil... possibly more but that's as far as I'd trust my el cheapo vernier guage. It comes complete with a 30mm guide bush, dust extraction hood that can hold it's own with the best of the rest i.e. far from perfect but good enough to take the fine dust out of the air, though setting this up in conjunction with the guide bush for hand held work is a little fiddly. The base casting is drilled and tapped to take 3 M6 machine screws that secure the tool to a suitable insert for table use.
In the 2+years I've owned mine, the only prob I've had was my causing.... I ran the machine too long in a table without adequate air flow around the motor housing causing a glitch with the speed control electronics; my local agent dealt with this easily by all accounts. Improvements to the air flow in the table have seen off any repetition of the prob.

On the down side.... I'm being honest here.... the only thing I can think of is the overall weight of the thing. Obviously for table use weight isn't a factor, but a recent prolongued (10 hours with few breaks) session hand guiding the tool caused my back to protest violently. That said, it did what I was asking of it effortlessly, performed without fault... I can't ask for more from any tool....
I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one to leave one permanently in the table.
If I'd to do it over... I'll be honest... I'd buy it all over again. Right tool, right accuracy, right price...
nuff said..???

Edited.....cos the author's a numpty....

I too have it's predecessor the FT2000E, and recently have been using to raise panels in pine, beech and ash. No problems encountered so far, but I am using it in a table, not sure whether I`d like to use it hand-held..... probably a bit heavy :lol:

who could want any more power from a route? 2HP.... I bet it would give my little corsa a run for its money :lol:

I would echo everything that midnight said, well built, accurate and VERY powerful

regards
steve

Hi Midnight

I think that more than qualifies as a review.
Why not copy it into the Review section under its heading Freud FT2000E Router. The more reviews we have in there the better in my opinion and this was a very nice review.

All the best

John

and this was a very nice review

Woahhhhhhhhhhhh...... now, Stop the bus...

what I posted was nothing more than an opinion... calling it a review is an insult to the PROPER reviews here i.e. Alf's series on the Veritas planes...
Proper reviews make ya feel like YOU'RE holdin the tool.. come c/w pics an all.... I don't have the time nor the capacity to create somethin like that...
Noely'll do one for ya...
:wink:
<duckin quickly....

Hi Mike

Your being much to modest. While I can agree that a review like Alf writes, is in a different league to most, the review section would be empty if we didn't put our feeble attempts in there. I think this is a cut above what I have written but the point is that it helps people to decide what to buy. I like to read what the user has to say about a tool rather than the catalogue that is selling it.

Does that convince you.

All the best

John

Well fellow posters I think that a good review of a tool from someone who uses one for a living is proberly the best you can get, I think I will go for this Router as soon as I have recovered from flutes :roll:

Bean

Mike,

Who's this "Noely" person then.....
If you write I'll take the pics (with it in my Ultimate Router Table - you fall down laughing if you ever see it....) and mail them to you or send me the words, whatever.

Rgds

Noel

Midnight":m6eq1mmh said:
what I posted was nothing more than an opinion... calling it a review is an insult to the PROPER reviews here i.e. Alf's series on the Veritas planes...
I think my reviews are probably 99% opinion, just like everyone elses. :wink: A review is a review is a review. Any info on anything beyond what you can otherwise glean from the manufacturer's blurb (i.e All of it, unless you take everything in advertising as gospel truth :wink: ) is just what's wanted, and what the internet excells at providing. Put it up there, Mike, and if Noel can provide pics as well, so much the better. :D

Cheers, Alf

Sorry Bean but could you run that one by me again? Not quite with you.

Rgds

Noel, lost, as usual.

NOT that I'm caving in to peer pressure... but I've drafted a tarted up version of my blurb that's a little more suitable for the review section..

It'll be posted in due course...

Back