French moulding planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant!

Many thanks Vincent - even if there's not much about these exact ones, there's lots of good stuff there - I specially liked this lot:

http://outils-anciens.xooit.fr/t17-La-passion-des-bouvets.htm?start=150 with designs of plough planes I've never seen before.

Btw, if you install the Google toolbar, you can get an automatic translation. It's gibberish, but just about intelligible enough. Sample output:

Hello to you rabotmaniaques band,
I join you in launching a large Pavet in the pool!
they make us bend all these tools! but hell, I feel the saliva flowing much more than sweat ...
reassured me and said to me he does not parade her on a shelf!
okay I'm jealous because I'm not beautiful pieces like that and it enrages me if they eat more chips.
But tell me, how do you find these pieces of museum ... and the doc?
are there any books that detail the steps and methods of manufacture of millwork in different eras (ancient, medieval, Renaissance, XVII, XVIII)
good I leave you, and I do not know if I have enough patience to come often to tap the light box.
but I hope to maintain some conversations
go! I push back my Bouvets! ...
Merry Christmas and see you soon

I think we can all say Oui to that!

He's making a fair point:

Salut à vous bande de rabotmaniaques,
je me vous rejoins en lancant un gros pavet dans la mare!
ils nous font bander tout ces outils! mais bordel, j'ai l'impression que la salive coule beaucoup plus que la sueur...
rassurez moi et dite moi qu'il ne son pas en parade sur une étagère!
bon d'accord je suis jaloux, car je n'ai pas de belles pieces comme ça et que ça me fait rager si elles ne mangent plus de copeaux.
mais dites moi, comment trouvez vous ces pieces de musée...et la doc?
Hello you bunch of plane maniacs.
I'm rejoining you and chucking a big rock in the pond!
They give us all a stiffy all these tools! But bloody hell I get the impression that the saliva flows more than the sweat! Reassure me and tell me that this isn't just a display on a shelf! All right I'm jealous, because I haven't got beautiful pieces like that and it makes me fume if they never take a shaving. But tell me, how do you find these museum pieces... and the references?

y a t'il des livres qui expliquent clairement les étapes et méthodes de fabrications d'ouvrages de menuiserie au differentes époques (antiquité, moyen-âge,renaissance, XVIIe,XVIIe)
bon je vous laisse, et je ne sais pas si j'aurai assez de patience pour venir, souvent, tapoter devant cette boite lumineuses.
mais j'espère entretenir quelques conversations
aller! je retourne pousser mes bouvets!...
Are there books which clearly explain the stages and construction methods of carpentry works at different times (ancient, middle ages, renaissance, 17th century, 17th century [sic]. OK I will leave you, and I don't know if I will have the patience to come along, often, tapping in front of this glowing box.
But I hope to keep several conversations going! Off! I am returning to push my grooving planes [?]

joyeux noël et à bientôt
Merry Christmas and goodbye.

Back