French Cleat or Peg Board System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieRaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All

Trying something new here, rather than typing allow me to explain with a quick-ish Video:

password: ukworkshopnewbieraf

This is my first time at video making/editing, so I'm not going to lie, it's very umm newbie like.... but don't worry I've got something in mind, yes, more coming, I just wanted to get this out quickly to get your thoughts.

Please have a look, feel free to comment here

Thanks

What is the video about, I am reluctant to click on random stuff and start entering passwords.

Sorry RAF, after having to go through the rigmarole of the password, I started to watch but quickly lost the will to live, suggest when you’re doing this you write down the salient points and keep it to about 90 seconds maximum.
It reminded me of when our American cousins do YouTube demonstrations.

I assume the video is a trial run and you may have more in mind so imo it was too long for the amount of information conveyed.
A few printed sentences and maybe a couple of pics would have got the message across in one tenth or less of the time.
On the other hand, you could have cut out the unnecessary parts of the vid and achieved the same.
I quite like vids but a lot of people/ utubers seem to want to keep "you" hanging for as long as possible.

You are correct guys, I also felt it was too long and yes its for more to come. Ill do some cutting, but thank you all for your feedback

so I watched the video, there was no need in my opinion, the query is simple, do people prefer pegboard or cleat tool storage, he is leaning towards pegboard, but would be interested to hear peoples opinion.

what I didn't quite gather was exactly what you are looking to store and the dimensions of the space

good question, mainly power tools, measuring tools and those small storage bins for screws. Im deleting and will produce something a lot more shorter :)

I use a theFrench cleat on my nut's n bolt trolly......very strong and easy tp remove shelving....takes 2 people to get it back inside the works....
DSCN2114.jpeg

DSCN2116.jpeg

Can you still buy pegboard easily? I haven't seen sheets for sale for years but it used to be everywhere.

I was helping out with our local art exhibition and we made loads of double sided pegboard stands in an alligator teeth layout, just ordered them at my normal Timberyard. I seem to remember there were £9 each? And they just got loads of chromed hooks and bits online, but I can guarantee they weren’t five or six quid each! Ian

Mr Unicorm...
wait till the new workshop is built....a few suprises in store...
Architect is onto it now.....planning is not easy here anymore......
will do a workshop tour inside n out.....my last workshop now.......72......!!!!!

I'm having a move round in the workshop, there is an area of wall about 8'x8' which is recessed where a doorway used to be. At the moment it's just OSB but I am going to cover it with French Cleats, mainly because I think it will look cool 😏

I think just a sheet of OSB screwed to the wall is the most practical and economical answer, you just screw things to it where you need.

Well done on the video, respect to anyone who gives it a go (y)

Back