Freecycle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm65

Established Member
Reaction score
Blagged what was offered as '6 wooden planks' yesterday - each one is a single board at 74" x 8 1/2" and exactly 3/4"

IMAG0714(2).jpg

In time, I think this will make some great drawers for tool storage :)

Attachments

• IMAG0714(2).jpg
    IMAG0714(2).jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 1,413
Well done, looks like a nice bit of timber there. :)

That's what i miss the most about working for a building company, all the free timber etc.

you do get some top draw stuff from freecycle and thanx for the slab of marble mate i use it alot was tuning up a no 4 today it perfect for that and dressing plane blades and chisels

dm65":2fx3qq1n said:
wizard":2fx3qq1n said:
I got banned from redruth freecycle when i said i was being picked on as i was black
Eh ? you jest, surely
No its true she kept stopping my posts saying they were incorrect, then i pulled here up on the way she was posting hers. Then she started getting nasty, i then said she was only picking on me because I is black, she then said i was banned as i was saying she is a raciest.

Can I ask what (freecycle) is, I keep getting lists on my Email inbox from them for some reason, never asked for it.
Is it a local auction site, or are the goods just being offered for sale if so there is never a price, or is it free or wanted for free.

Totally confused, as stated above these offer and wanted lists, just started appearing on my Email inbox, I don’t know who issues them, or who would you reply to, (ie) who is the company running or backing it. #-o

Many thanks.

Chris R.

Hi ChrisR,
It is a place where people give stuff away free, I got some chipboard for the loft from there and have given away the kids old bikes (save them going into landfill and it gets them used again).

It is worth while to keep an eye on for the groups around your area you can get various bits and bobs (big pine wardrobes and a walnut tv unit came up before, decent looking for cutting down and to be re used in a new project)

Cheers
Mark

ChrisR":12d4yi30 said:
Can I ask what (freecycle) is, I keep getting lists on my Email inbox from them for some reason, never asked for it.
Is it a local auction site, or are the goods just being offered for sale if so there is never a price, or is it free or wanted for free.

Totally confused, as stated above these offer and wanted lists, just started appearing on my Email inbox, I don’t know who issues them, or who would you reply to, (ie) who is the company running or backing it. #-o

Many thanks.

Chris R.

From what I understand you have to subscribe to Freecycle alerts by joining a Yahoo group (I take it back they appear to have a dedicated Freecycle login now) for your local area - if you (or maybe your partner) didn't sign up for alerts it sounds like you may just be receiving canned spiced ham.

Looking at your location your group would be https://groups.freecycle.org/group/NewquayUK/posts/all

Many thanks Mark and Kev.

Kev, no I haven’t signed up to anything as far as I know, but not being at all computer savvy, who knows. :?
The wife is in the clear as she does not know how to switch the computer on. We are both not of the computer generation. #-o
Next time our Godson calls, I will ask him if he can remove it from my Email, as I will never use it.

Many thanks again.

Chris R.

Back