Freebies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi folks,
Being a relatively new grandad, I'm looking for some free plans of little boys toys to make, any suggestions?

granpa :D try msn groups ,trash wood treasures, look at tonys toys :shock: they might give you some ideas of what you can make

Thanks for the help and info you young'ns :D.
Now I shall have to find the time to search through them for summat suitable.
Thanks also for having a UK based woodworking site, the yanks sites always have way too much equipment for my budget.

Mebbe I should sign in in future as Grandad now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

roles,

There is something very magical about making things as a granddad for the little ones. 8)
Take a look at the gallery, I posted a picture a chair I made for our granddaughter. Bronwyn was three a couple of weeks before Christmass. I had intended the chair to live at our house for her to use on visits, but first thing she said on being given it "Can I take it home". I was give a big hug and her dad had to fit the chair into the car, before Bronwyn would go home. :lol:
The chair was made from an old table top, now has pride of place in the front room and is used everyday. :D

I was thinking of making that chair later on Dave, you've made a nice job of yours.
As my grandson is only just off to walk I'm going to look at a few small toys first so the links you guys gave have come in handy.
Gonna go now and knock up a little pull along dog for him.

I have the plans printed out, in the pile of things to make. :lol:
I must ask Alf for some tuits as I am a bit short of them. :wink:

Hah! D'you have any idea how long it takes me to track down and capture even a baby Tuit? And they always seem to die in captivity too... :(

That is a cool toy. Wish I had an excuse to make one... Hmm, maybe in a larger size? Brrrm, brrmmmmmmm :D

Cheers, Alf

I do not believe you Dave. :lol:

I had actually seen that Bike earlier and earmarked it for future pruduction. Shame it's not big enough for the little one to ride on though.

The comment about enlarging the plans has to be applied if you want to make the toy the size stated on the plans!

I had printed web page, on laying the stick of inches on it I found the 3" wheels only measured 2 5/16". :cry:

This is how I adjusted it (I am using IE 5.5), go back to the web page and use File - Save As.
This should save a small HTML file, (Motorcycle, free plan) and create a folder (Motorcycle, free plan_files) in the folder there should be a file called Motorcycle.jpg this is the plan. I use Paint Shop Pro (good value for money) as my image editor, I loaded the file into this and had to scale it to 326% in the page setup. Then when its printed the 3" wheels come out the right size :lol:

Back