FREE UKWorkshop wood price calculator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, apologies to Tony for shamelessly nicking his ideas. :shock:

For those of you who don't subscribe to the Bill Gates school of thought (at least not in your mobile lives), I have implemented the functionality of Tony's app in my Palm collection of goodies. You can download it from Here. Follow the links to the software page and look for Woody.

Woody also does simple and compound angle calculations (with cool graphics (well cool-ish (slightly tepid?(Ok, with graphics)))), and for those of you who own a 'Rat, it will work out the button position for any combination of dovetail and straight cutters.

Bug reports #-o , suggestions etc gratefully received O:)

Hi Nick

Converter for a Palm? I like that :D Doh!! I should have thought of doing that as I have a compiler for the PocketPC. Now on the Tuit list

So much more useful than dragging my desktop computer around wood yards :lol:

For those who cant understand why this tool won't work on some machines and not others here is a little non-techy explanation.

Imagine that the car you have got is your PC and your engine is your operating system. Now imagine 3 people have the same car with 14" wheels but some have made modifications to them.

Driver 1 has left it alone and it's a bog standard car. (PC with XP no service pack.)

Driver 2 has added 17" wheels and racing seats to his car (PC with XP no service pack but extra programs added)

Driver 3 has updated his car engine (PC with XP Service Pack 2)

Now along comes Tony with his new 17" tires (the new calculator) he is giving away.

Driver 1 has got 14" wheels so he needs new wheels (vbrun extra files) to be able to use the new tires.

Driver 2 has already got 17" wheels so is able to use the new tires.

Driver 3 needs the new wheels too because although he has got a new car he still needs to add the bigger wheels to be able to use the new tyres.

Does that help or does it make it more confusing :lol:

Basically it means that what you guys are not experiencing bugs but missing files that the calculator needs. Try typing a letter without using the letters "E O S U" and you'll see that I mean.

RogerS":1wqau7ad said:
Of you go then, Chas :wink: :D

Strictly PC household I'm afraid, I have enough trouble getting my head around simple Web coding these days let alone running MAC emulators etc. :roll:

Hi Tony
Same problem as Noel for me and I hav'nt a scooby what they're on about , will try again sometime Cheers !

Here's a wood price calculator that works for PCs and Macs - AmbiCalc. It's on my website and is free to use.
http://templatesbynumbers.com/?q=ambicalc

The wood price bit is new so let me know if you come across any issues.

AmbiCalc works over the internet so there is nothing to install and as well as working on any computer it also works on that new fangled iPhone thing. Perfect if you want to do costing in the woodyard. There is even a downloadable version for iPhone (may work on other phones) that you don't need an internet connection to use. If you want a copy of the iPhone version, message me and I'll send it to you for free.

Cheers
Andrew

Just tested it on Mac OS 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.1 and all was ok. Measurements need to be put in without 'mm' or 'inch'.

What problem do you see on your machine, Roger?

Cheers
Andrew

I clicked 1/8 then + then 1/32 then = and got this

ambicalc.jpeg

How do you get the cabinet calculator? If I click on the little cabinet icon then all I get is the template offset.

With fractions the denominator needs to be selected first (my fault this wasn't clear, website now updated)
AmbiCalcFractions.png

To rotate between the different functions: template offset calculator, cabinet calculator, diagonal measurement calculator and wood price calculator you keep pressing the little cabinet icon
ambicalc-icon.png

Mike - the links here have no connection with the sticky post which appears to have orphaned content.

Cheers
Andrew

Back