Free Try Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G S Haydon

Established Member
Reaction score
I was sent a few things to review a good while ago but for various reasons reviewing tools is not something I can find time for. Most people I contacted about returning items did not want them back, so I held onto them in the hope I might use them. Nothing changed, and I still did not get to using many of them, so I have sold or given away what I have been sent.

This Pinie plane https://pinie.cz/en/our-products/jointe ... remiumplus is the one I'm happy to let go at the cost of UK postage of £6.50. If you send me a message we can sort a paypal payment.

In my opinion, this plane would suit someone who was looking to convert timber by hand when required. Someone who wants it would need to be happy to flatten the hornbeam sole of the plane as the sole is hollow in its length. The plane has not be sharpened or used.

I would post an image but the forum has changed since I was last here and I'm not sure how to do it at the moment.

If it's still available I would be able to give it a good home, been looking for a longer plane for a while now.

Thanks, Andy. I'm having a clear out at the moment but hope to be back making things in my spare time in the next few months.

Don't believe this man's lies. :shock:
When I first started out this man sold me a vintage 4 1/2 for the exorbitant price of £20. It arrived well packaged, fettled beautifully , sharp and dandy.
It's still my favourite plane (after my 5, sorry Graham :-s , and my homemade block plane malarkey (because for some reason the home made plane never seems to go blunt. I have no idea? O1 heating fluke? )) :-s

Good to see you back Graham. Real pleasure.
All the best
Chris

Funnily enough, I've not been on the forum for yonks either, though I'm guessing Graham was missed more than me :wink:

If Rorschach decides he does not want the plane Graham, then I'd be grateful for it as I don't have a try plane. I also felt a bit confused by the forum redesign, I guess you get used to it. I was also surprised that there wasn't 10 page sharpening thread on the go - maybe things have perked up in the last year or so :D

matt_southward":3f46wqa5 said:
I was also surprised that there wasn't 10 page sharpening thread on the go

Well, for nostalgia's sake, I could start one - Freehand! Jigs! & reels! Sausages!

- Runs for cover!

And yes, I'm also happy to see Graham back - someone who's given a great deal of help and inspiration.

Tara a bit,

SOTA

Back