Free to a good home version 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bean i bought a load of brightly coloured pencils (purple, yellow, red etc) still cant see them in the workshop. I have a plan to overcome all our pencil problems it involves a curtain track, string and pencils. Simply run a curtain track on the ceiling near the bench attach a pencil to the track runner with a pencil heypresto cant loose. BTW any one that does do this don't leave the pencil behind your ear and the decide to go in for a cup of tea i had an accident in the bank like that i forgot the chain their pens to the counter darn near lost me ear :oops:

anobium punctatum":389v2fth said:
BTW any one that does do this don't leave the pencil behind your ear and the decide to go in for a cup of tea i had an accident in the bank like that i forgot the chain their pens to the counter darn near lost me ear :oops:

Changing the topic ever so slightly but trust me, it is closely related.....

I wear braces to hold the trousers up these days. Tried belts but the builders bum syndrom causes them to be defeated after a few goes.

Working in a confined space one day, braces caught on something sticking out. You can guess what happened next (and no, it wasn't the trousers falling down). I left the confined space and almost instantly heard a loud sound (ttthhhhwwwwwaaaacccckkkkKKKK!) combined with something hitting me in the back.

Yup, the sharp sticky-out object had fallen victim to tension being applied by the braces.

I can confirm that catapult technology still works in the 21st century.

Andrew

anobium punctatum":2zajekc3 said:
Bean i bought a load of brightly coloured pencils (purple, yellow, red etc) still cant see them in the workshop.

Go out and buy a box of 50, or 100. Take the entire lot out and grasp them in your hand. Then throw the whole lot up into the air - they should scatter and disperse to the far flung corners of your workshop.

With a bit of luck, you'll never be more than an arms reach away again :lol: :wink:

Adam

Some years ago I was in poor health and I employed a roofer to put up a new gutter board and gutters to our bungalow.
He didn't use pencils!
The board went up OK but
The gutter had serious problems it was sloping the wrong direction to the drain end outlet. I kept pointing this out to the roofer but he said don't worry!
We got a large container of water and poured it in the gutter, the water refused to travel to the proper outlet end.
So I demanded he take down the gutter and reset same. This time I watched him, He didn't use a pencil to mark the screw positions for the gutter brackets, he wet his thumb wiped it on a roof tile and put a dirty mark on the board where he thought the screw should go!
I lost my temper gave him half his money and struggled to finish the job myself (Had the usual back problem)

I consider myself fortunate to have both keyboard and mouse attached by a cable so that I cannot misplace them. I have in the past tied on to my pinny when working but i reached into the pocket and came out with string, but no pencil :roll: .
I do not like to tie them up as i tend to move saws around the shop to work with and string spells danger.
I feel a box of brightly coloured pencils comming on..........

Bean

What yuo need to do is get yourself a turners smock. These have two large pockets in the back, so that they don't fill up with dust etc.

I used to lose my pencil all the time, but since buying my smock, the pencil is always handy in the back pocket. In fact, I wear the smock for general woodworking as well as turning now.

Taffy Turner":3t8ni02s said:
I used to lose my pencil all the time, but since buying my smock, the pencil is always handy in the back pocket. In fact, I wear the smock for general woodworking as well as turning now.

Haven't you got to be careful sitting down? ;)

Andrew

Well I haven't got as far as to throwing the pencils up in the air :roll: but do have several boxes on shelves with pencils in. Its only ever a couple of steps to get one. When I sweep up I put all the foundlings back in the boxes ready for the next time. 8)

Well, i've got a very special pencil.

No matter where it is or has fallen, all you have to do is
whistle and it starts beeping!
I've had it about 1 year and it's great!!!!!!!!!

TX

tx2man":1l3tg05i said:
Well, i've got a very special pencil.

No matter where it is or has fallen, all you have to do is
whistle and it starts beeping!

I have a similar arrangement, but my wife has objected to being called into the workshop to help me find something I've lost ;)

Andrew

tx2man WOW now thats some pencil, Where did you take it for training and will it be possible to have a pup off it should the happy event occur.

Bean

Back