Free to a good home version 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmph! (goes and stands in corner - lip out, eyebrows crossed):( :wink:

Oops. Sorry Alf - no offense intended. :oops:

Goes and stands in the naughty corner..... :cry:

Please miss, it was that HandMac's fault - coming here from the Novoserve forum and leading me astray! :?

Alf - One of the corresspondants mentioned 'Hanky Panky' which I can't find in my English - Czech dictionary. Please what is 'Hanky panky' :?

<carefully side-steps explosive device with burning fuse>
I'm sure Taffy would be delighted to explain, Losos - via Private Message perhaps... :)

Cheers, Alf

Alf

I looked up hanky panky in the Oxford Consise Dictionary,
it must be quite a normal thing because its listed there.

DW hanky panky makes your cheeks glow red , well mine did. I asked HID what it was she slapped me :lol: :lol: :lol:

devonwoody":1rjiw9hu said:
I looked up hanky panky in the Oxford Consise Dictionary,
it must be quite a normal thing because its listed there.

But in my circa 1965 copy its not the meaning you mean :shock:

Oh bother it. Hanky Panky; viz:
2 dashes Fernet Branca
1/2 oz Italian Vermouth
1/2 oz Dry Gin

Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a highball glass. Garnish with a twist of orange peel, and serve.
As the "font* of all knowledge" I declare this the definitive explanation. So there. Now go away and find something useful to do, you 'orrible lot. :p

Cheers, Alf

*with or without serifs? I shot the serif...

Alf, definately a good start to some hanky panky :lol:

Its still blowing a gale down here so I cant get in the workshop.

Bean":1475gcbu said:
Talking of workshops has naybody seen where I left my key ??

:?
Bean

I normally find mine in the pocket of my "workshop" jeans - despite having swore blind I've checked it 10 times. If not, hanging on the key rack which I've also checked several times, or other suitable dopey place I reckon I've looked already.... :oops:

Adam

Bit like spending 20 mins looking for your pencil.....yes, behind your ear. Or your safety glasses, yes, on top of your head.

Noel

Noely Only one pencil :shock: I'm struggling, with 5 or 6 on the go I can still only find one if I search long and hard :roll:

Bean

Back