• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***Free to a Good Home - Oxford***

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurk99

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first post in 5 or more years and it’s a giveaway....

The Twentieth Century Woodworking vice - it’s a heavy vice, fully working and with quick release, excellent quality and age to it, if you go back through my history it was the last thing I asked about and someone was able to provide a bit of it's history

Vice1.jpeg

it was free to me when we bought this house, now it’s free to someone else

You must post a message here rather than PM me - that way everyone can see when it’s gone... oh, and *you must* collect from Oxford (no, I won’t parcel it up for the cost - I just want it gone before we move to Inverness!!!)

Vice2.jpeg

Vice3.jpeg

Vice4.jpeg

Vice5.jpeg

cheers

James

Attachments

• Vice1.jpeg
    Vice1.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 629
  • Vice2.jpeg
    Vice2.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 647
  • Vice3.jpeg
    Vice3.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 648
  • Vice4.jpeg
    Vice4.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 630
  • Vice5.jpeg
    Vice5.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 630
Consider your fingers bitten off James if that's ok. I'll pm you tomorrow but I can pick it up this week.
Many thanks.
Chris.

Thank you! Have been extremely careful at this end too. We all have family and friends to protect.
PM you tomorrow if that's ok.
Regards
Chris

Wowee, that's a real beauty! I've never seen such an ornate casting on a vice before. It's interesting that it doesn't have a rear jaw for attaching a piece of wood like on a record, which makes me assume it clamps against the side of the bench apron or something like that.

Back