Free Quiz

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
For my current project I have to drill 13,700 holes 2.8mm dia and 11.5mm deep would any one dare take a guess as to how long that's going to take?

How long does it take to drive to your nearest friendly CNC person?

Oh wait, that's you.

You do know that you can buy pegboard ready made, don't you... :wink:

Is it a massive game of Battleship for two Giant Wooden Robots with Lazor Eyes?

Is it?

Is it?

Is it?

Pleeeeeassseeeeee.

Bm101":1ml3cjmv said:
Is it a massive game of Battleship for two Giant Wooden Robots with Lazor Eyes?

Is it?

Is it?

Is it?

Pleeeeeassseeeeee.
Well as it happens it does have eyes, one or two iI'm not sure which at the moment.

Is it a huge one of those string pictures from the 70s?

Pete

About half done now, and some one looks like being pretty close, not saying who though.

At least you're drilling into wood and can go as fast as possible.
When I was at school I used to have a weekend job in a little plastics factory. One time, they got a job in, drilling holes into perspex, a 12 x 10 grid of holes an inch apart for some sort of shop display stand. I can't recall now how many of the beastly things I stood there and drilled, one hole at a time, but I do remember that if I ever tried to go above a glacial pace, the bit got hot and welded itself to the plastic, ruining the job.

Character forming times indeed!

Well with out the set up time and the three months to get the machine working the total drilling time is........................4 hours 51 minutes and 25 seconds

Without the clients permission I can't show you the whole thing but I can't see any harm in a bit of it.
I think the idea is to put different length screws in the holes to make a 3D image.
P5120746 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• P5120746 (640x480).jpg
    P5120746 (640x480).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 36
Interesting but I still think a sheet of pegboard, something behind it and some white paint would be quicker and less boring for you.

I don't really understand Art... :)

Back