Free Perpetual Media Storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
This free storage site http://www.ourmedia.org/ seems to be what it says. Ourmedia obviously owns a lot of disk space. The Internet Archive, a non-profit service that seeks to keep multiple backup copies of the entire Internet, owns this site. This organization also operates under the name of The Wayback Machine.

The photos seem to load rather slowly but there are a couple of handy features which might make it worthwhile - apart from the price!

Who owns the copyright to any material placed on the site?
Public Domain?

I assume, from this which contains this:
You may choose any kind of license — or even traditional copyright, if you wish.
that it's sort of up to you? It's an interesting idea, but it seems to be in its very early stages; I wonder how long it'll last before it falls foul of the law somewhere 'cos someone's abused the system? :-s

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2c2o375s said:
I assume, from this which contains this:
You may choose any kind of license — or even traditional copyright, if you wish.
that it's sort of up to you?
Cheers, Alf
Sounds good on the face of it, but under whose country laws?
If home movie, dissertations or other material, finds itself plagiarized the other side of the world who and where and how do you seek justice.
I personally would be very careful of even good quality Holiday Pictures.
Someone may use them for commercial gain in a brochure etc. and you would never know.

interesting idea but really very, very slow to load image and video and so I foresee bandwidth issues on the horizon as more people find the site

On the copyright infringement front, I had a quick look and found commercial video ripped off and posted there.

Back