Free Pair of Holdfasts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G S Haydon

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

A while ago I was sent a pair of holdfasts for review purposes by Simon James. You can get the full blurb here https://www.workshopheaven.com/simon-ja ... auger.html

I was hoping to experiment with them and write a review, however I'm unlikely to do that anytime soon. So if anyone would like them, just send me a PM. All I would ask is you come back and write a review on the forum and pay the postage.

From my limited use of them I can say they are very good. My only issue was that they are only suited to thick bench tops or thin tops with added blocks where the location hole will be. My "Tomes" pattern holdfast would work fine in a 38mm thick top without the blocks.

20170409_094151.jpg

20170409_094210.jpg

Attachments

• 20170409_094151.jpg
    20170409_094151.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 794
  • 20170409_094210.jpg
    20170409_094210.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 794
My review: they are _very_ nice.

I'm wating for time to redo my own bench top, but (as is fairly typical round here) they get occasional use in the dog holes on my cheap Workmate copies, where they do work pretty well, although the wood is presently only 3/4" thick.

Usual holdfast caveats apply - use protective stuff underneath the foot; don't hit them too hard when setting them (they grip well enough to get stuck!, don't drop one on your toe... and I presently keep mine indoors over the winter because my workshop is damp.

I paid full price from mine via Richard Maguire. I would certainly do so again, either from Richard and Helen or from Matthew (Workshop Heaven). I think they're great.

No worries Eric

Like I mentioned, would be great if they could come back with a review. Send me a PM and we'll sort postage.

Cheers!

Back