Free logs/woodchip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigmorgan

Established Member
Reaction score
At school we are in the process of setting up an allotment and wildlife space, one of the parents has suggested a website that may be of interest to some of you...
https://app.getchipdrop.com/profile/The site is basically an agent, arborists use them to "dispose" of their waste, once you sign up you can place a wanted add for either woodchip or for logs, once an arborist nearby has what you've requested they contact the site which gives them your drop off location, im not sure how well it works but I've just signed up and put a request for logs, could be interesting to see what I get.

Here's a screenshot of the message I got with the verification text they send
Screenshot_20220212-004335_Messages.jpg

Oh man, you might be in for it now 🤣😆
Have you got lots of space available? You'll probably get all the local arborists turn up to get rid of their waste this morning 😁

At school we are in the process of setting up an allotment and wildlife space, one of the parents has suggested a website that may be of interest to some of you...
https://app.getchipdrop.com/profile/The site is basically an agent, arborists use them to "dispose" of their waste, once you sign up you can place a wanted add for either woodchip or for logs, once an arborist nearby has what you've requested they contact the site which gives them your drop off location, im not sure how well it works but I've just signed up and put a request for logs, could be interesting to see what I get.
Thx for highlighting this :)
Always keep an eye out for logs when I’m out an about, but this could be a good resource, although I’d definitely struggle to store them not knowing what quantity may turn up. Would be interested to know how it works out, if you receive to large a quantity, give me a shout as I’m in Hampshire to.

Last edited:
The site seems to be American based so over there the delivery really would be a huge tipper load, most arborists here usually only have smaller flatbed tippers so the delivery loads wouldn't as big (in theory 🤪) fortunately for me living in the school grounds means I have tons of space 😉
@AdrianUK you bet, it could take a day or two or it could take weeks to get a delivery, depends how many arborists here are signed up to the site.

Latest posts

Back