Free Helping Hand?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno who suggested writing letters by hand - does that even exist as a thing these days? Can the young 'uns even use a pen?

On a more sensible note, when I had to recruit staff I always placed a huge emphasis on how enthusiastically they came across without seeming desperate or a brown-noser. It was second only to the pretty face/no boyfriend combo.

Not the greatest of times to be looking for work, and I feel for you having your study disrupted (mine's academic so being online really doesn't matter) but it's good that you've not just opted to spend all day on a Playstation (like me).

An ongoing presence on the forum might keep you in people's minds too :)

Billw, not sure you’re entirely joking about the no boyfriends bit ha ha, I used to employ quite a few people, in a no qualifications sort of line but dealing with the public, The first line of defence was them ringing me up, you can tell an awful lot about somebody from their voice and manner, if they were not the bright and quick witted people I wanted they didn’t get an interview I’m afraid to say, I was taken with Bailey because of his obvious commitment and desire to get on, we are now exchanging PM's and email addresses, phone numbers with a view to meeting up just after Christmas. Ian

It's been great to read and watch this thread develop over the last few days and how much community support there is. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours Bailey. Unfortunately I fall into the category of keen DIYer with no time so have a garage full of tools but relatively few projects come out of it and also down in Surrey so wouldn't be much help. As others have said would be great to see how you're progressing.

It's been great to read and watch this thread develop over the last few days and how much community support there is. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours Bailey. Unfortunately I fall into the category of keen DIYer with no time so have a garage full of tools but relatively few projects come out of it and also down in Surrey so wouldn't be much help. As others have said would be great to see how you're progressing.

I still cannot believe how much this post has blew up! Thank you for your support and kind words, it really means a lot! I have to admit, everyone's responses have really made my week. Wouldn't have expected this in a million years! As Ian said, we've been in contact with each other and sorting things out for the new year, which I really cannot wait for! I'll keep you all posted and updated! :)

You're not being a pain. I'll look into the issue. In the interim, do you see an envelope icon in the upper right corner of the screen next to your username?

View attachment 98511

If so, you can click on this to open the Conversation application by clicking on "Start a new conversation".

Found this thread during a search - I cannot for some reason start a new conversation with someone? Hovering over their name or clicking the envelope icon, neither brings up an option to start a conversation??

Found this thread during a search - I cannot for some reason start a new conversation with someone? Hovering over their name or clicking the envelope icon, neither brings up an option to start a conversation??
I'm looking into this now.

Back