Free downloader

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago a friend downloaded a program In my computer YTD (youtube downloader) He showed me how to download songs from youtube to my documents and then send them to my MP3 player. I used it to download songs from the 50s & 60s .
I didn't use it very often, a couple of times a year to update my MP3 player when I got fed up with the existing ones.
However when I tried it yesterday It keeps asking me to Go Pro. I can't justifying a monthly payment for the little time I use it.
Can anyone tell me of another free downloader that they have used. I am not very good with computers and at 83
am very wary of installing anything that I am unsure of.
Any help would be welcome
Alan

A few years ago a friend downloaded a program In my computer YTD (youtube downloader) He showed me how to download songs from youtube to my documents and then send them to my MP3 player. I used it to download songs from the 50s & 60s .
I didn't use it very often, a couple of times a year to update my MP3 player when I got fed up with the existing ones.
However when I tried it yesterday It keeps asking me to Go Pro. I can't justifying a monthly payment for the little time I use it.
Can anyone tell me of another free downloader that they have used. I am not very good with computers and at 83
am very wary of installing anything that I am unsure of.
Any help would be welcome
Alan

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1138418-how-download-youtube-using-ss.html

Torx Thank you so much. Just downloaded (oh baby mine by the Statley Brothers)
I sang this to my girl friend when I was 17. Got married 3 years later and have now been married for 63 years. Something must have worked.
Alan

be wary of downloaders like this, notorious for introducing viruses etc to your system, at the very least I'd do my research on whatever you use and run a virus check on anything you download

There are also on-line converters that will convert a you tube link into a mmp3 file that you can then download without having to install anything on your computer.

For audio, I just use audio capture on Chrome. It's an Chrome extension.

"""This extension captures the audio on the current tab and saves the output file on your computer when the capture is complete
Chrome Audio Capture is a Chrome extension that allows users to capture any audio playing on the current tab. Multiple tabs can be captured simultaneously. Captures can be saved as either .mp3 or .wav files. Users will have the option to mute tabs that are currently being captured.

To begin capture on a tab simply click on the Chrome Audio Capture icon and use the interface or hotkeys to start and stop the capture. Once the capture is stopped or when the time limit is reached, a new tab will be opened for you to save and name your audio file. Make sure to save your file before closing the tab, otherwise the file will be lost! Check the options page for different output file formats and other features!
Note: Currently captures are limited to 20 minutes due to Chrome memory constraints. Limit can be bypassed, but it is not recommended as more testing is required to determine the maximum time for lower quality settings."""

gwaithcoed
as nobody else has said, Congrats on the 63 years....
Music sooth's the soul and make the world go around....
I have music on all the time.....

There's a few websites where you paste in the YT link and it captures the audio. I've never had any problems but I always run them through virus scanning before playing them just in case.

Back