• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Free Chris Schwarz book on benches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris Schwarz has decided to release his latest book on benches as a free PDF, no strings attached.

More info and a download link are here

https://blog.lostartpress.com/2020/07/0 ... workbench/

Worth a look for anyone planning a bench or who might enjoy a well-argued distillation of many of Chris Schwarz's articles, blog posts and earlier writing on the subject.

Mooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Great read - opened it just to scan and find myself on page 33 already - must get a cup of coffee :)

mAtKINItice

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this, finished it yesterday after a few days reading.

A good book, you've (Chris also) saved me quite a bit of money and effort.

I've switched my design to be the classic bench in this book, instead of the Benchcrafted split top version.

I read his other book a while back so this update is quite refreshing. I won't be starting my build for a while but I'll pop it up on here once I'm underway.

triker64

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Andy just downloaded it. Now need a child to convert it and send to my kindel account. Looks very interesting.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
(edit) tried to post a link to soundcloud but it didn't work.

Last edited:

StraightOffTheArk

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I bought this some time ago as a pdf and inadvertently deleted it - doh! It'll be good to get re-aquainted.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
I figured out how to save it to the iPhone but not the iMac. I'll have something to read while in waiting rooms. :) Thanks for letting people know about the book.

Pete

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured out how to save it to the iPhone but not the iMac. I'll have something to read while in waiting rooms. :) Thanks for letting people know about the book.

Pete
I use Firefox on my Mac. When the PDF opens in a new tab, click on the download icon and save the file.

AWB-1.png

AWB-2.png

In Safari, click this link and it will automatically download in the Downloads folder.

AWG-3.png

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
Not sure how you get that tool bar in Safari but I tried Save As under File in the top left of the screen and that did it so I'm good.

Thanks
Pete

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
In Safari, I moved the cursor to the bottom of the window with the PDF and the toolbar appeared. When I moved the cursor away, the toolbar disappeared.

Latest posts