Frapper - Or where in the world are you?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this map business seems to be the latest thing (see WoodCentralians f'rinstance), so I thought we might as well have a play with it too. Might be fun; and at least this'll be one that isn't centred on North America. :wink:

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/ukworkshopmembers

If you make a boo-boo and need something removing, drop me a PM and I'll deal with it.

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

Interesting and something that I wanted for another interest of mine - family history. Trouble is that it doesn't seem to recognise where I live, the fact that Google Maps does notwithstanding. It would be nice if it recognised UK postcodes like Google maps too.

Chris,

Yep, I've had a couple of PMs about that. Naturally in the US it accepts zip codes... :roll: As far as I can gather the closest you can get in Blighty is the nearest town. I'm actually about 3 miles away from my "balloon", but when you live in the back of beyond you expect that. Trouble comes if you live in a major city, when you could find yourself a fair way from your real location (like the wrong side of the river in London f'rinstance :shock: ). Never mind, you can get fairly close, and it at least gives some idea if someone's handy to you or your route to wherever. If you need to, you could always give additional info in your "shout" I suppose - bearing in mind it's accessible to anyone with the url. :-$

Cheers, Alf

waterhead37":qglghtdn said:
Alf,

it doesn't seem to recognise where I live, the fact that Google Maps does notwithstanding.

Likewise but there you go from that height it doesnt matter.

waterhead37":2nqxhqj8 said:
Trouble is that it doesn't seem to recognise where I live, the fact that Google Maps does notwithstanding.

me three

i've had two attempts at getting my (and my collection of SHoutOuts) in the right place, and failed miserably both times. I don't know how I put it where it it. Or is the basic problem that I don't have any proper control?
Perhaps I'm just getting too old for technology.
:(
Steve

Tsk, and it's supposed to be girls that are bad with maps... :roll: Okay chaps, you need to do a lateral thinking here. It's not going to know a one horse village; but it will know a reasonable size town near you. Stick you postcode in Multimap and see where the nearest large looking name is and try that. :roll: :lol: It's not even slightly exact; 'fraid that's how it is. :(

Nailer, I'll delete you if you'd like to have another shot?

Cheers, Alf

Steve - clicking on your name brings up Newbie Neil - guess it can't cope with two or more people in the same place :cry:

PowerTool":2pz49btr said:
Steve - clicking on your name brings up Newbie Neil
No, but clicking on the balloon does though. Unless you zoom in really, really close... Hmm, if the three woodkateers all put themselves on in Poole, we could have trouble! :roll: :lol:

D'you know, I'm beginning to wonder if this was such a good idea after all... :-k

Cheers, Alf

Nearest 'Town' to me was London... which fair enuff 'technically' is only a spit over the back fence. But I live in Kent and the town or surrounding towns where not even close.

There seem to be a lot of minor towns out on the sticks but the whole of london ie within M25 appears as one place. It is a shame one cannot stick a pin on the map as I can find my road and a very hazy satellite image.

Andy

HEY HEY
THere ain't no "Murica" on there. Ahow people gonna get over here to see me :lol: :lol:

Ah Heck didn't see them technology things. You can move around :roll: :roll:
I'm in :lol: :lol:

:lol: SDP, if you'd like to drop a line to say which one of the five entries you'd like to stay I'll remove the others. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Do you live in that most perfectly beautiful, secluded place or is the sattellite lying to me?

Have you contacted the frapper folks about UK (er, uh Cornish) addresses being added so the locator pins work properly?

Regards from sunny Texas, US

90*F at 6:30 this evening; wonder when fall will arrive?

BobH

Do you live in that most perfectly beautiful, secluded place or is the sattellite lying to me?
If you mean "the back of beyond", yep, 'fraid so. :roll: :lol: You appear to be living in a field though, Bob. :D

Have you contacted the frapper folks about UK (er, uh Cornish) addresses being added so the locator pins work properly?
Well it seems things aren't necessarily rosy in the US of A either, judging by the feedback regarding other groups' maps. Possibly just as well, as you might not want passing evil-doers knowing exactly where to find your tools... :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back