France

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea though!

Dunno about the five barns though...the one cowshed I have is in a bad enough state!

Hi, I see this subject has been covered quite well, but I thought I'd let you know what I do.
I buy my wood from a few different sources:
One is the one of the good old BnQ equivalents (Leroy Merlin, MrBricolage, & Bricomarché, etc), I used to buy the wood sized and planned etc, but got fed-up with the fact that two pieces of wood were never the same thickness, couldn't find the size I wanted, finding a piece that was not warped was difficult and of course the price was not user friendly… :( So, over the past year I bought the rough stuff then cut and planed it to size (much easier now since buying the Scheppach) 8).
Another is from one of my local wood mills, one I discovered by accident, another by asking my local Lurem (Elektra B) dealer, the other using the “Pages Jaunes”
And the last if from a local “Jewson” equivalent (very limited choice).

I used to get L'atelier Bois & Ideas Defonceuse for about a year until I discovered the UK Mag's, I now have a subscription and get one of them delivered to me over here. I find "System D" can be a good source for ideas, especially the special editions".

hmdiffusion has a lot of stuff, however the prices are very expensive (as already stated above), They are based in between Grenoble & Lyon(around 1 hour from Geneva), personally I live in Essonne (91) near Paris, so its little far to drive for a few screws.

On a completely different note, it’s great to see so many people have an interest and knowledge in France :) .

I am pretty sure I have a wood price comparison somewhere (for France), would any of you be interested in seeing it?

An update for those living in France.

I've just received a new (first edition) printed mail-order catalogue from Metiers et passions which has been formed by the merger of a couple of companies. Much more "Axminster-like" in breadth of tools and materials on offer than any French catalogues I've seen in the past (it includes metal-working). From a quick look, pricing seems a bit more interesting (delivery charges are more reasonable).

Their web site is http://www.metiers-et-passions.com and you can order a free copy of the catalogue or order online.

Back