framing nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sustad

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to buy a framing nailer . with a limited budget it is down to Axminster or senco. any thoughts?

You say AIR...However, I bought a cordless Hitachi (NR90GC2) GAS nailer for a project this summer and it's been great. I'll be selling it soon when the project's done. PM me if you (or anyone else) are interested.*

Jim

* MODs - Apologies if I've broken any forum rules - Feel free to delete/edit

I used to have a Paslode for site work but when it gave up the ghost, i started to use screws and an impact driver instead. If you get the right screws they fly in to the timber in no time and it's almost as quick as a nail gun. Easier to undo as well if you get owt wrong.

A lot of the cheaper guns don't have a depth adjustment on them. This can become an issue when using long/ring shank nails.
Manufacturers like Makita/Dewalt have been selling them off a bit cheaper as gas or battery have taken over.

I'm a big fan of pneumatic nailers. A good one won't wear out and they aren't as glitchy as gas.

Back