Fox Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I was flicking thru a copy of "Good Woodworking" last night and came across a review of the little Fox Lathe. In the article Fox were refered to as "Delta, France". Is this true? Fox tools have been discussed a bit lately on this forum-If this is true, how about a Unisaw style tablesaw please? (not the record/fox badged thing on offer at the moment- pull-saw feature be damned........)
inquisitively,
Philly :?

So is Fox Delta's budget line then? If so, why keep that a secret? It's not as though Delta have a bad reputation :?

Thoroughly confused, Alf

Hi Alf,
I don't know if it can be considered a 'budget range' but my Fox lathe is definately made in china ('rotation of heartsick' instead of 'rotating headstock'???) - i don't know where they make the Delta equivalents.

jim

I think they are all made in the same factory - Shandong Laizhou Light Industry Machinery Plant, PR China - with cosmetic/colour changes for different brand names.
John

Hello Philly,
Some of FOX tools are made by
LAIZHOU PLANET MACHINERY CO LTD. Have a look on there website you will recognise a few items on sale in the U.K. For example look at the 1hp and 2hp chip collectors.
Website address www.planetmach.com

Best wishes
Mike.

Yes, I think there's quite a few plants in PRC manufacturing machinery for Western machinery companies. Seem to recall that minimum order is 500 units and you get to design the colour and labelling too.....

Rgds

Noel

I've just got hold of a Fox benchtop morticer and I can tell you that it's absolutely terrific. The review is in the tool reviews section if you're interested - but if the rest of the range is up to these standards and value for money, we've all had a result!

Steve

When I was speaking to delta last, I did raise the unisaw.

He told me that it would not comply with EU Regs. They would have to re-design it so it does.

If you think about it, they need prototypes, and so on - this can go to 10's of thousands of $.

Then there is the taxes, shipping and what happens if they only then sell a small few due to their final price when they land here in the UK.

:(

The delta sliding mitre saw, One of the people told be they spend $10,000 just changing one tiny little think to make it compliant. It was REALLY tiny.

I've a Fox bench mortiser and have been pleased with it. However spare parts seem to be a problem - I need a gear shaft joint, which seems to be a bit fragile - at least in my hands.

Anyone know where to get them?

Back