Fox Spindle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just thought I would let everyone know, Fox are bringing out a spindle moulder with a tilting table. It is meant to be showing up toward the end of the year!

Some probably already know this, I expect.

Spud,

Fox announced this machine some time ago now, coming from the same firm in China that make the P/T's & S/T's etc. Has been delayed due to the steel shortage in China, hence the very slow trickle of their other machines. this machine will be rebadge by other resellers also, so prices might be keen :)

Spud,
Do you mean a tilting table or a tilting spindle? If the former, it is probably horrible - like tilting table saws were.

From what I have been told, it's a 'tilting table'. If it was executed well, surely it would be no different to a tilting spindle?

Fox announced this machine some time ago now, coming from the same firm in China that make the P/T's & S/T's etc. Has been delayed due to the steel shortage in China, hence the very slow trickle of their other machines

Although I expected some here would have got wind of it, I did not know it had been announced previously. Anyway, manufacturing is now underway, as I speak and it is meant to be hitting our shores at the end of the year. I was thinking off getting a spindle, but now I have decided to at least wait, until I can see what Fox come up with.

Spud":33jhdxzb said:
If it was executed well, surely it would be no different to a tilting spindle?

Ever tried cutting a 45 degree mitre along a cabinet side on a tilting table?

You have to support the whole weight or, if it is narrow enough, wrestle a fence into position - horrible!

Spud":25fyvbm6 said:
Although I expected some here would have got wind of it, I did not know it had been announced previously.
Neither did I, Spud. :roll: Either we both have our heads in the sand, or these stinkers didn't think to pass the info on. I'll go with the latter; what about you? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Ever tried cutting a 45 degree mitre along a cabinet side on a tilting table?

No! In fact I have never used a spindle moulder. As can be seen the machine is condemned three months before it is even released. All the same, I am going to reserve my judgement until I can at least see it, and hear what others who know their subject better than me, have to say about it.
I cannot understand what the objectives of fox must be, if they go to all the trouble of manufacturing a machine which is obviously designed to compete with Sheppach and Jet (which have neither a tilting spindle, or table), and which it turns out, is un-useable and has an serious flaw.

But to re-emphasise, 'Personally I am going to postone my purchase of a spindle, and at least wait to see what Fox produce, before passing judgment'. Surely it is worth waiting, to at least see it?

Neither did I, Spud. Either we both have our heads in the sand, or these stinkers didn't think to pass the info on. I'll go with the latter; what about you?

Since looking into the woodworking scene, I have come to the conclusion that the machinery side of woodworking resembles a gangster cartel.

By Alf: Neither did I, Spud. Either we both have our heads in the sand, or these stinkers didn't think to pass the info on.
Sorry Alf I promise to do better next time :oops: :lol: . Fox have a history of announcing machines and you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait etc. So i never bothered to tell. If I have any more hot of the press info again I'll pass it on asap. :wink:

From Spud: I cannot understand what the objectives of fox must be
Fox and their parent Delta are just resellers of machines purchased from wherever they see a machine they feel worthy of importing and selling on to the end user, so if the Chinese manufacturer makes a tilting table and Fox etc they feel there's a market for one they'll do a deal etc. I forget the name of the firm they use, (I'll look it up) although I'm sure someone on here will know already :lol: . But it will be interesting to see what its like.

Back