Fox saw bench on Ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try ebay.de, now there's some really interesting stuff on there

Sorry this is a UK only auction and excludes “Scotland” above Glasgow and Edinburgh .

I gotta read the papers more often... didn't realised we'd won our independence back... not before time too...

I see the bidding is at £675, Rutlands price is £729. Be interesting to see what the bidding gets to.

BTW, the full length fence is a bit naughty, there should be a way of shortening the effective length such as is on the EB PKF255
John

It's not an auction. It's a fixed price buy it now deal. Still too close to the price from a proper dealer though to be a bargain if you take into account the risks of buying from Ebay.

Considering that the Rutlands price included VAT, That saw costs more than its original price of £620 plus VAT.

Ordered mine on Monday from MSCTools, delivery tomorrow, for £699 plus £10 towards delivery. He has 4 in stock if anybody is interested.

I have bought a few items from this seller and he has always come up trumps for me, i have just received some tools from him today and felt i got a great deal, Fox seem to be bringing in some decent stuff, i've heard in the grapevine that they are bringing in, a 3hp extractor, and an air cleaner supposedly at a very competative price,
At £675 your not going to save hundreds but you are getting a cracker of a saw and bit off compared to rutlands, personally the cheapest price i can find usually drives the sale for me. Compare it to a 2m sliding table and side extension for a scheppach and you get a whole saw for that,
has anyone got one or done a review.

Ian

I personally always had difficulty with getting the scheppach set up to cut accurately if i folded the side extension down then back upagain, it was probobly me doing something wrong though, but i sold it cause of this.

The price is good and the spec is impressive, but does anybody know whether this saw really well made and works well, or not? And what have they compared it to?
John

For me the worry of purchasing something like this off Ebay is the after sales service. If there is a problem will the manufacturer honour the warranty (if you get one). Guarantees usually ask where the item was purchased. Is Ebay ok with manufacturers in order to receive service ?

johnelliott":1jo9s8io said:
The price is good and the spec is impressive, but does anybody know whether this saw really well made and works well, or not? And what have they compared it to?
John
This is the same machine as the Record TSPP250, a great machine, I have one. The Record comes with an extra cast iron table extension and a 5 year warrenty. The Fox has an extension table less and only 2 years warranty.
John
PS. I'm in the process of doing a review on this machine, also Andy King has one and has posted a review on this site.

Latest posts

Back