Fox PT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in this too, in fact I'm about to buy one so this is a last cry for "no, don't do it" advice.

It seesm to be the same as the Woddstar one mentioned here and here

Darren

Just bought one last week. My first P/T. Cut cleanly and seems to do a good job. Relatively quiet (quieter than I expected, anyway). Fence not at 90deg to table and adjustment screw only seems to allow correction away from table rather than towards it (which is what I need). Removed supplied fence and clamped a homemade fence it its place. Problem fixed. Whilst I have no experience with other models, generally speaking I am very pleased with this unit and would not dissuade anyone from buying that same. (That's what you call a left-handed recommendation!).

I couldn't resist buying one at Rutland's sale price.

It's OK, except for the fence, which leaves something to be desired. Mine has a 1/2 mm hollow in the middle. Also it's a PITA to change over to thicknessing. You have to remove the fence by removing a screw at the back, so you have to turn the machine round to see what you're doing.

Still, for the price, it's good value. You can always do something about the fence.

I bought one because my PT decided to eat its safety gaurd . I find it leaves slight cutter marks when thicknessing but it does the job . It also looks very funny stood next to my other PT :lol:

Back