Fox Planer/Jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locton

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know about the Fox planer/jointer model F22567 Rutlands have it for £299.95 which if you look at it it seems a really good price.

I have a benchtop SIP one at the moment and just can't get anything square with it, so if i can get some positive feedback re: the Fox i think i may just buy it.

I have this exact machine though its not branded fox. I got it from Lyndhurst machines in Bristol for £275 including delivery. It is a lot of machine for the money and very heavy.
It had some annoying faults out of the out of the box or should i say smashed crate, so spent quite a few days setting it up. I've got it working pretty good now and the equivalent Jet or axminster machine is quite a bit more expensive. If i were to do it again i would probably spend the extra and save myself the hassle however there may be a bit more quality control / customer service from rutlands/Fox

Tombo

Hi old,

i have spoken with sip on several occasions but still no luck, i think i bought it direct from them at a show so i cant go to my local dealer & ask for help, but your recommendation might prompt me to try again, but you know how it is when things don't go right it gets so frustrating, but thanks for your advice.

Tombo so apart from the setting up problems the machine works well & gives you the accuracy of cut that it should

How i set up my (larger) planer was to use a dial gauge and stand to get the barrel (nife holder) parallel to in and out feed tables then set cutters to corrected tables so side planning sorted. Then set fence to 90 degrees for edge job done.

Latest posts

Back