Fox 36-530 and flooded workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I placed the order for my new TS last Thursday. It arrived today :D
But so did the flood water :cry:

It was on Offer again at Rutlands and thanks to a flyer email and a heads up from another Lister I managed to bag one this time. I had to have it delivered to home though as the workshop is still under water. I guess it might be weekend before I get to unpack the beast and have a play. There is also no electric at the workshop as all the RCD's have tripped due to water getting into the system.

I'll post an update when I get saw assembled and into the workshop.

Cheers
Lee.

The workshop is not too bad, although most of the stables and other buildings are full of water. 46 horses have either been relocated or left out at night. Hopefully it will be not long before they can get back into the stables.

I was lucky that I built up the ground level when I laid the base, otherwise it would have been very different.

The water is right up to the floor level, but didn't quite make it over the threshold.

Although it is coming up through the joints in the slabs.

The water in the middle of this picture is about 3ft deep.

I have put all the power tools up onto the benches.

I also have a couple of little projects on the go, that fortunately I had left on the assembly table on Sunday night.

Looks like a close escape!! Shame you can't get to play with the new toy just yet, but in the circumstances I should think that's the least of your worries!!

Hope the clear up isn't too bad.

Dave

Thats bad news mate but at least your tools are ok. Very nice work getting your new toy before the price went up again, you will not regret it.

Cheers

Mike

Back