Fox 2HP Dust extractor on Ebay - £180

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judder

Established Member
Reaction score
I need an extractor as I've just bought a P/T, I also have a T/S, Router table, Jigsaw etc - have read some horror stories on here about extractors, and now I'm a bit lost as to what to buy. It's in my price range and I guess the 2HP would be better than the single HP, but all this talk of .5 microns - do I really need it ?. I am working in a single garage so space is tight and confined. Thanks in advance,

Stephen

I can't speak for this model but comments elsewhere on the merits of a cartridge filter are spot-on. They cut down tremendously on a lot of fine dust that gets through felt bags. Because of the larger surface area (due to the pleats) they also allow more "suck" from a given machine. A cartridge filter made a world of difference to my Scheppach dust extractor. (It's better if you think of them as "Chip Extractors")

Any chance you could house it out side the shop in say i small shed/pillar all the dust problems go away. I covered and closed in the space between the garage and the shop, extra space no noise no dust, 2 HP is the better option as friction in pipework reduces flow.

Hello Stephen
I have the fox 2HP dust collector. I like it a lot. Its sucks hard and I think it is worth the $$$. That being said, This is the first dust collector for me and and I have nothing to compare it to.. I am using the same bags that came with it. I am not aware of any cartage filter for it. Before it came along, all I had
was a small shop vac to vacum after the fact.

My shop is cleaner than it has ever been, but not to say all the dust is gone. I have no dust meter. :D
Hope this helps a little. :?

Travis

judder":32qhh4pg said:
I need an extractor as I've just bought a P/T, I also have a T/S, Router table, Jigsaw etc - have read some horror stories on here about extractors, and now I'm a bit lost as to what to buy. It's in my price range and I guess the 2HP would be better than the single HP, but all this talk of .5 microns - do I really need it ?. I am working in a single garage so space is tight and confined. Thanks in advance,

Stephen
I had one of these excellent machines, sold it recently.
I was and am concerned as Chris mentions the very fine dust that gets through the filter bag and re enters the workshop, as far as I'm aware Fox do not have the cartridge fine filter as an accessory. It is the same machine as the Axminster and they do suply a cartridge filter for it,http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=21168&recno=3
hope this helps :)

Travis, I didn't know Delta sold the Fox brand in the states. If so I'm sure there's going to a lot of confusion with the Shopfox brand.

Noel

Noel

I sit here with egg all over my face :oops: Mine is the Shopfox brand. Me bad. Thanks for calling it to my attention. :evil: :D For me it was an easy mixup.
Next time please PM me Noel instead of throwing my business out in the street for all to see. :D :D :D :D :D

I promise to pay better attention.

Travis :oops:

Sunny side up?.....No worries

Noel

Thanks for the input, I have changed my mind about this extractor, but more because of floor space, I'm gonna go the extra money and get a Record Dx5000 as this has been given quite a bit of praise on this forum. Thanks again.

Followed the link from the review from this site as it's quoted as being £279, went there and it's £295 - guess they know they were selling it too cheap. :(

judder":3h5ye84d said:
Followed the link from the review from this site as it's quoted as being £279, went there and it's £295 - guess they know they were selling it too cheap. :(

Camvac were selling an improved extractor on the DX500 for less money.

Back