Fostner bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would not recommend the 5 quid set from aldi. i wasn't expecting brilliance but i did expect them to be straight and able to cut wood. they weren't and couldn't til i abused them with the grinder!

As with any sets of tools there are always some you use a lot more than others.

My method with any tool set is to buy cheap, then as I find which ones I use the most I then replace those with better quality tools

The Record set have hex shanks in bigger sizes which is quite a big advantage IMHO over the round shanks of the Screwfix set.

Large sizes = large torque and more likelihood of slipping in the chuck and scoring.

Jon

Possibly a bit pricy, but how about this Colt set. £125 for 5 with an extension.
I have one of theirs for pepper mills and it's way better than any others that I've tried. Made from HSS so keep their edge better than others.

Hi Duncan,
Probably splitting hairs but I don't think these are HSS, I think they're HCS like other forstners.

The MaxiCut PLUS are HSS.
Jon

Thanks to all for your views, I dont use them enough to warrent paying £100 + for them.

I think I will go with the Record set, It wont break the bank and some of you think they are quite good.

TEP":1rzzoyjr said:
As with any sets of tools there are always some you use a lot more than others.

My method with any tool set is to buy cheap, then as I find which ones I use the most I then replace those with better quality tools

Hello Tam - nice to see that lovely avatar again.

Latest posts

Back