Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Performance Power PP250Ts, 2nd hand (maybe 3rd) off eBay for £40 - looking at finding replacement bearings as the blade wobbles a bit, you get what you pay for, but at least I'll have intimate knowledge of it after I've replaced the bearings.

Attachments

• PP250Ts.jpg
    PP250Ts.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,856
Scheppach HS80..... Just the bog standard saw at the moment as I'm reluctant to invest more until I see how my new toy-making venture takes off!

Hope all goes well with your purchase, I live in Torbay, if interested on a visit to my workshop send me a pm.

John, Devonwoody

Hi Charley

I own a Scheppach TISA 5 and it was a bad buy, fence is as good as a chocolate teapot and no mitre slot as its a tin top. As yet it has only produced scrap and I am either selling it or going to have to fit a decent top with mitre gauge slot. On the plus side it has loads of power and plently of cutting depth.

Hi Charley,
I hadn't seen this before.
If you're still compiling stats, add me to the Kity419 owners club.
Surprised (and pleased) to see how many others there still are out there.

cheers,
Sven

Mysterious 50s - 60s British made saw bench

The Mortimer Engineering co. / Davla

Clarke 10" great for cutting wood generally but not good for accurate cutting... Also not so great for ears.

I wouldn't recommend it... Mine is soon to be scrapped.

Finally, a 12" bgs
I had the big sip, hated the uneven table and non-parallel fence,
then a nice solid Jet 10" US model which had no RK or even a splitter, tried the bork but hated it,
then got a TSCE-12R which cut beautifully but had a sliding table that didn't suit me - made it too expensive to keep.
My wadkin is 50yrs old, 3ph, fairly battle-scarred and a splitter model, but I know I'll never sell it. Finally I can just get on and make sawdust, and any future mods (RK, SUVA guard and general overhaul) will feel really worthwhile because the basic saw is brilliant.

Bought a DeWalt 745 last year; excellent

Would like to make a folding table about 21 high
Any design ideas much appreciated

Have welder if needed

Back