Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, might not be too far off the truth, even with Vat as there are new(ish) models out with nice red tops on the body. Think ours is being replaced by the VT2300 or something like that. BTW, did you get your speed control sorted?

Noel

hi noel yes thanks a bit of super glue and the speed controler works just fine ,not bad for a £20 car boot chance :D .

frank

Hi all.

CMT2000 on the "Rat"
Charnwood 1/2" with rubbish plunge in the rubbish charnwood table.
Performance pro 2050 1/2" freehand.
B & D 1/4" 8mm freehand.

Cheers Doanld.

I've still got my Makita 3612CX for general work, but for Christmas I was given a dead cheap Silverline 1/2" router, as sold by Tool Station.

I was pretty dissapointed at first, even though I wasn't expecting too much from a £35 tool. Engage the trigger and it sounds as if it struggles to get going - changing the speed seemed to have no effect. Then, suddenly, it all kicked in and came whirring to life!! :shock:
(It's been fine since then.)

What I can't honestly understand is the totally inadequate positioning of some kind of 'dust guard' between the main body and sub base...
It limits the moderately unimpressive plunge depth further and also becomes a real interference when changing larger cutters as well! Not only that, but you HAVE to have it there if you want to use the supplied guide bush as a means of fixing it in place?!?!

Then again, I'm glad I only got it for inverted use. I can do away with that damned thing and simply hook up a vacum instead.

Okay, so I'll also have to splash out for a couple of collet extensions but I could've easily asked for a router at twice the price with similar performace - meaning more money to spend on decent cutters!!! :D :wink:

Hello lads, im new here... im a metal fabricator by trade, but play with wood as a bit of a hobby.

My 2 are
1/4" Draper expert (Identical to trend t5)
1/2" Hitachi M12V

Had the draper for a couple of years, and its been well used and used for things you should really use a half incher for before i got one! :oops:

I Have a trend t5 (great little router)
Hitachi M12v mounted in a table ( a beast)
Dewalt 625 that i bought by accident on a low bid on ebay. Very smooth easy to use.
Corset

Trend T11 (newish toy, for heavy work)
Trend T3 little lightweight for hinges etc

Makita 3600B - hardly used now but got it for free from a hire company.

And this is the one.....

Elu MOF 98 (in the router table) Now does anyone else have one of these. I never hear of this old beast at all, But I love it...

All 110/115V except for the T3.

Marky

Dewalt 625EK in the `Rat
2x PPro 1250 (B&Q) one in table
bosch 500 pof buried somewhere , havent seen it for months

Bosch GOF1300ACE for all duties.

I know some here have had trouble with this unit, but mine has given great service over the past two years ish. Very smooth high quality motor. Highly adjustable fence and built in plunge fine adjuster sold it for me. Good switch / plunge lock layout. Nice dust collection adapters (free) and dual collet. Quick release guide bushes.

I use mainly bosch blue tools cos of the after sales / repairs service. They have even repaired stuff for me which was just out of warrantee free of charge!

Sam

Dewalt DW621K for general-purpose hand-held stuff. When I get a workshop (OK, a garden shed !), I'll consder a second machine for permanent table-mounting - possibly a DW625.

D.

I have a Trend T-tech (B&Q) ........ not that impressed to be honest ...... does hand held stuff

DW625EK in the rat ..... and hand held at times (excellent compared with the trend)

Triton 1/2 in in the router table

Ok I am a bit of a router nut so here goes: Main small hand held router Elu MOF 96E, Large hand held rotuer De Walt 625E, Table mounted router Hitachi M12VE, Router used for dovetailing jig Trend T5E, Spare router just in case, Power Pro 1250, 1/2". Freud 2000, and now De Walt 615 too. Still looking for additions though. Managed to get myself another Elu MOF 96E so another addition Won't need to change cutters soon. :lol:

DeWalt DW621K. I thought the dust extraction through the column was a bit of a gimmick, but it actually works pretty well and overall it's a good machine. However, the locking power mechanism is the most unintuitive control I've ever come across - impossible to describe how to do it.

Glad I got a 1/4" because the 1/2" ones are heavy for freehand work which I often do. But when I get/make a router table, I'll probably get a 1/2" one to put in it full time...

Got several. Bosch GOF900 ACE (blue line) plunge-base, there's a POF500 (green) I don't really ever use, and my workhorses these days are the two porter cables I took with me from the US (run them on transformers), a PC 690 for the heavier work, and a PC310 lamiante trimmer (which is really just a tiny, extremely solid, router), both fixed base. Love 'em.

If I ever upgrade the plunge, methinks I'll get a Festool.

Back