Forum Users Router Tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, just an idea to go with the Router thread but we seem to have a lot of router users who use a router table. I thought it would be interesting to see who uses a homemade version or one that's manufactured or both.

x 2 Wolfcraft Router Tables Model 540

Self-fabricated.

Noel

I currently have the Porter Cable one.

A bigger, home made router table is near the top of the projects list...

Self-build to own design (not exactly rocket science, though, are they? :lol:)

Details here and here

Cheers,
Neil

Home-made.

I also have a Wolfcraft RT 540 that I originally bought 'cos I needed a router table in a hurry, but in spite of what the sales guy said, it was not capable of taking a DeWalt 625 (plus I had to go back to buy an additional plate to attach the DW625 to, again contrary to the rubbish info from the sales guy). Actually, it is probably more accurate to say that it does take the DW625, but not without the metal plate, to which the router is attached, sagging in the middle. And the (plastic) fence was not straight, and it was a pain to adjust, and, and, and,... It currently lives in my attic, collecting dust and being sworn at each time I happen to go past it.

Alf":1jk0kaht said:
I refuse to demean the 'Rat by classing it as a router table. [-(

Nah, just make sure you add it into the "which dovetail jig" do you use thread (once someone starts it), and the "which morticer jig/machine" thread when it gets going, and the etc etc.....

Adam

Homemade cart to take an Incra LS25 super system. Entirely my own design, most concepts have worked as intended. Wish I'd built is years ago.

Latest posts

Back