Forum Users Router Tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just upgraded from a Aldi Special - To a Trend CraftPro Router Table MK3 coupled with a trend T4. Very Happy!!

Home made.

M&T'd frame from 4x2 softwood - very rigid - then two 18mm MDF sheets glued and screwed together to make a chunky top. 8mm Perspex insert but looking to upgrade that to either a home-made aluminium one or a commercial phenolic one.

My Makita router is a fixed speed so I bought a suitable speed controller and wired it in along with an emergency stop button.

Bosch GMF1400CE in an Axminster router lift, mounted into my workbench. Had I been thinking clearly I'd have allowed for a fence...

Wow this is an old thread.

Triton Table and Triton TRA001

Good but if kit but I wish the triton plate came with a hole for the triton lift handle! Seems a bit nuts that you have to drill it yourself!

Trend Craftpro MK3 and Trend T11 on a home made stand so it's the same height as my workbench for longer pieces.

UJK Technology Professional with phenolic top.
I looked long and hard before deciding on this one and had to wait a while for it to come back into stock with Axminster (I went for a phenolic top at the time because I didn't want to risk cast iron in my damp workshop, though I've just bought a planer with cast iron tables).
The table is the only one I've ever used, but it had very good reviews and I think it's great: well made - rigid, robust and stable - and it has a good fence. I added the dust collection box which stops the chippings falling all over the floor underneath - though I've only just got a decent extractor.
I'm less happy with the table insert I chose... a Trend RTI which is also phenolic. Following a long discussion in one of the threads here, I'd go for a really good one, an Incra, if it would fit the opening but unfortunately it doesn't. The Trend Craft Pro inset is aluminium so I'll probably get that to replace the RTI.
Ian

First post on the Forum, I have UKJ router table and elevator, with a 2HP Hitachi router, time was of the essence, so bought a ready made and very pleased I am with it, better than the Triton except I do like the biscuit joiner angle attachment for it.

Mike

hi all,
kreg floor standing with all the bells a whistles.
even imported the face frame fence from the usa.
well pleased with it.

All home made from ply and 4x2s. Table frame collapsible for storage hanging on the wall, dust box comes apart for storage, table top is just 18mm ply with the router (a cheapo B&Q thing I got off Gumtree and MAN is it noisy!) permanently attached and a home made split fence with dust extraction from behind. The table top and fence get stored in custom fittings on the ceiling. The whole thing probably cost around £40 including the router and does the job perfectly :) I rarely use it and have very little space so the whole thing is custom built to be taken apart and stored out of the way.

ALDI special & an ALDI router on loan from my dad, side tables are liable to be replaced though soon if it stays on loan for a while, as they bend as soon as you look at them..

Have a tabletop one I haven't used for ages so can't remember the make.
My main one is floor standing which I bought unused in an auction. It comes with plates which allow an inverted circular saw or jigsaw to be attached but never used these. I believe it was a B&Q but because it was in an auction, the nameplate had been removed.

Home made table, top and sides made from a ply door blank which is heavy flat and stable. Trend T11 in a trend insert, I recently bought a muscle chuck, that in all honesty I could not recommend more, fantastic bit of engineering.
I am planning to make a new fence. Can anyone suggest a design I've trawler the internet and am a bit underwhelmed.

Back