Forum Users Router Tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trend craftsman router table, MK1.

Well used but I will be making an Norm type when the tuit arrives. I want the larger top and built in storage.

pooka":efi9et3e said:
I also have a Wolfcraft RT 540 that I originally bought 'cos I needed a router table in a hurry, but in spite of what the sales guy said, it was not capable of taking a DeWalt 625 (plus I had to go back to buy an additional plate to attach the DW625 to, again contrary to the rubbish info from the sales guy). Actually, it is probably more accurate to say that it does take the DW625, but not without the metal plate, to which the router is attached, sagging in the middle. And the (plastic) fence was not straight, and it was a pain to adjust, and, and, and,... It currently lives in my attic, collecting dust and being sworn at each time I happen to go past it.

I got one for Chrismas a while ago, found just the same as you. Its adequate for my needs, but by no means brilliant. The holes in the actual table didnt match my router, so had to drill the steel plate to suit.

A real beauty I made myself. Incorporating home made router lift and a 'T' track fitting. Rear fence covered in PTFE adjustable with graduated scale. Two sets of drawers for each shank of router bit. Two large drawers at the bottom for all my accessories and a large cupboardon the left front. All mounted on castors. Top is double layered MDF edged with hardwood and sealed. Insert is home made from Lexan.

Homemade--doubles as side extension for my Startrite tablesaw. Fence is not homemade, it is Axminster's cast-iron job--one of my best investments. Originally designed for spindle moulder. Fence cheeks have to be shimmed slightly to be perfectly aligned with one another, but after that it is a very versatile and accurate fence, which provides good dust extraction.

Brad

Alf":1q97mjo3 said:
I refuse to demean the 'Rat by classing it as a router table. [-(

Well said Alf!

I've got a Little Rat, but I've also got the Triton table, which I fit to my Triton Workcentre.

This of course gives me a table saw, crosscut saw and router table in a very limited space!

Plus of course an incredibly useful wall mounted universal device which can't be categorized!

Home built, same as the one in Paul Richardson's book 'Making Classic English Furniture', Trend router - Rob

Hitch":2sdogg5r said:
pooka":2sdogg5r said:
I also have a Wolfcraft RT 540 that I originally bought 'cos I needed a router table in a hurry, but in spite of what the sales guy said, it was not capable of taking a DeWalt 625 (plus I had to go back to buy an additional plate to attach the DW625 to, again contrary to the rubbish info from the sales guy). Actually, it is probably more accurate to say that it does take the DW625, but not without the metal plate, to which the router is attached, sagging in the middle. And the (plastic) fence was not straight, and it was a pain to adjust, and, and, and,... It currently lives in my attic, collecting dust and being sworn at each time I happen to go past it.

I got one for Chrismas a while ago, found just the same as you. Its adequate for my needs, but by no means brilliant. The holes in the actual table didnt match my router, so had to drill the steel plate to suit.

Ditto for my makita 3612c. Are there actually any routers that will fit straight in? I had to beef up fence with an offcut of beech worktop but it does restrict the blade-fence clearance.
Have been thinking of making my own, is the axminnster routalift insert any good? does anyone have one?

Home made table-top one based on the design from website 'Bob's Plans'.

Works fine but only done lightweight stuff so far.

Mine's home made.

I built the original design in 2001 for my Elu router (loosely based on some magazine articles at the time IIRC).

Having read some of the posts on this forum, I decided some redesign was necessary, so after I acquired my Trend T9, I replaced the top and modified the fence. The new top has a T-track and an insert plate, both from Axminster. The fence now has sliding cheeks, plus a fine adjuster which was inspired by Jarviser's fence for his Record bandsaw (thanks Jarviser!).

I've come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as a perfect router table - so I'm going to stop fiddling and get on with some furniture making instead - honest!

Les

Routermonster":3tbpmp6x said:
.....plus a fine adjuster which was inspired by Jarviser's fence for his Record bandsaw (thanks Jarviser!).
Les

Cheers Les, details below of my home-made table.
http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/tools7.html
Designed principally for noise reduction and small size.
routertable02.jpg

I currently run 3 Trend Craftsman tables, a Ryobi, and a crappy homemade. I'm working on the ultimate homemade, similar to Norm's, but with Rout-r-lift, Mast-r-fence, on castors, and with integral dust extractor inside the cabinet so I can wheel it around the shop or take it on site in one piece.

Back