Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Record RX 5000
Trend T30 AF x 2

Rgds

Noel

No brand SHop Vac
Scheppach HA2600 Extractor

Some beast from Woodcut (KUFO)
The Rexon one
Festool lightweight shopvac
Dyson
Broom
Dustpan and brush

Axminster WV1000 dust-ex
Earlex Combivac
Microclene 1000
Broom, dustpan & brush, bucket, feather duster (no really)

Cheers, Alf

Howdy!

Record RSDE1
Performance Power Dust Extractor.

Both darn useful!

Also, I have a Microclene mounted on the ceiling. (does that count?)

Philly :D

Elektra Beckum spa 1100 extractor

Earlex combivac

Alf, do you have some adaptors to fit the Earlex to the hand power tools? I have a particular problem with fitting the smaller diameter of my ROS (festool). Any tips?

Performance power workshop vac with 2400W power takeoff

Charnwood W690 dust extractor

Building air cleaner with Jet 1um filter (see other thread)

CYC,

I use the power tool adapter from Axminster (Stock code NUMRED). But then I don't have any Festool... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Axminster ADE1100
Performance power workshop vac with 2400W power takeoff

Actually Alf, for a budget priced vac I reckon it's not too bad, although I do have a couple of niggles with it.

It's a powerful, compact unit, both aspects being necessary for my tiny shop. The PTO has plenty juice to drive my Freud router; even when run for longish periods, the cable never feels more than warm. I put most of that down to the cable being warmed by the warm exhausted air (I store the surplus cable by wrapping it around the unit, clear of but just below the exhaust outlets).

It has a 5m hose c/w a decent battery of shop clean-up tools (these are pretty cheap but they do the job).

On the down side, running it with all 3 levels of filtration (dust bag, cloth bag and paper induction filter element) it doesn't make efficient use of the dust bag; at £2/each these can get expensive in a hurry.
powerful though the motor is, it ain't exactly subtle in the noise dept; ear defenders are recommended if it's going to be running for any length of time while driving another tool. On it's own, noise levels are just about tolerable.

The biggest niggle isn't so much with the tool itself, as with SF's erratic spares and consumables availability. For a while last year, the only bags available for it were the smaller 20 litre bags. A replacement paper filter wasn't perfectly backwardly compatable and needed a bit of imagination to make it couple properly.

I was going to recommend it on the other shop vac thread, but when I checked it's availability, SF no longer have it listed on their web site or in their catalogue, so I donno if they intend supporting it much longer. Pity really cos all in all it's been one of my better "budget" buys. Other than having to deal with blockages etc it's never left me high and dry; its replacement will have some pretty big boots to fill.

Back