Forum Get Together

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Recently over on the Woodworkers Intitute forum there has been discussions regarding a get together of members. I liked the idea so organised it. There are quite a lot of spaces still available so I have decided to open it up to UKWorkshop turners as well.

The original thread is here:

http://www.woodworkersinstitute.com/for ... ?TID=13329

Details are below:

I now have confirmed the details for the first ever forum get together. Details are as follows:

Saturday 16th March 2013

Daventry Community Centre
Ashby Road
Daventry
NN11 0QE

More details on the venue and Tudor Rose Woodturners who are kindly hosting this event here:

http://www.tudor-rose-turners.co.uk/

Please post if you would like to attend on this thread. The cost will be £10 each, this includes the use of the hall, club lathe and AV equipment, teas and coffees throughout the day and a very good buffet lunch.

Demonstrators are:

Richard Findley
Bob Chapman
Walter Hall
John Taylor (JPT)

We need 20 people to make it viable and a maximum of around 40 so there is space to mingle. We have 15 so far from the WI forum.

For further info please ask but I will post as and when I have info.

I will need either a £5 deposit or the full amount if possible please once you have confirmed that you would like to attend. Cheques made payable to 'Tudor Rose Woodturners' or you can do a bank transfer to me and I will pass it on. PM if this is your preferred method. Post cheques to my workshop address (see my website)

Hope this is all ok.

Looking forward to it,

Any further questions please just ask.

Cheers

Richard

Great idea Richard, unfortunately too far for me, but best of luck with it.

Cheers, Paul

Great Idea Richard, and my hat off to you for organising it.

I hope it is a great success

Rog

Bit far for me - but good luck with it, and post the pics over here also will ya ? - i tend to avoid the WWI now due to stroppy George.

I would have been interested but sadly I already have a commitment that day. Hope you get your numbers and it is a great day. Some good turners going bu the look of it.

pete

Well done Richard , too far for me I'm afraid ,but hope you have a very successful day ,the cast looks quite good as well .

Thank you all for your support and to those that are going to be joining us on the day.

To further tempt you, on the day there will not only be some excellent demos, a fantastic buffet and lots of woodturning talk but also there will be finishes and abrasives and timber available to buy all at very competitive prices!

Looking forward to it

Richard

Richard Findley":ltzj9m15 said:
Thanks to those that have signed up.

Can I tempt any more? :D

Richard
Wish I could commit but we have provisional events already allocated that week/weekend that means no decisions possible I'm afraid.

Back