Quantcast

Forum 'For Sale' section

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Howjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
As it suggests.... Has this ever been considered - A type of for sale advertising board or even a 'wanted' board?

I know lots of people are now adept at using ebay, but I still think people would use it and it seems an obvious place to look for used tools or rarer / hard to get bits & pieces.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
This comes up periodically, and the feeling is there wouldn't be enough traffic to justify a board of its own, so we have a simple policy:

Regarding buying and selling. We do have an informal policy regarding this, the gist being that it's fine for a private individual to do this on the General Woodworking board and with a clear "For Sale" in the subject line. The grey area is that we tend to frown rather mightily at anyone doing that and nothing else, so really it's an option restricted to active members of the forum and at the moderators' discretion. In other words we could get stroppy about it at any time :wink: , but we wouldn't do that. :roll: Generally everyone has a pretty good instinct when they're taking advantage of a free forum such as this, so listen to that little voice if in doubt. :wink: As it is there does seem to be a slightly informal black market going on anyway; Cummings just happens to mention that they're looking for a blurfl, next moment Goings PMs and has got a sale, or vice versa. :wink: It makes moderating a little trickier having buying and selling, but it's so darn useful (from a personal point of view) that I don't mind the extra judgement calls required.
I suggest, if there's something you're looking for, you replace "For Sale" with "Wanted" or "WTB" (Want To Buy). :)

Cheers, Alf

Howjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers Alf

I thought it must have been considered at some point.

That's a fair enough 'policy'.

Ta

Howard