Formula One racing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I agree that about 6 years ago F1 became too boring to watch, it is still be more interesting than football, the most boring thing I've ever witnessed on TV.

Now, rugby.......

oops, am I being a little controversial? :oops:

PS if you want to see interesting motorsoport with overtaking!! the world superbike, MotoGP, motocross, british superbike. All of these are televised

Cricket, on the other hand, is much better. At the time of writing England need 26 runs to win.
John
edited to add, Thorpe's just got his 100, and England need just 9 to win!

And as I write this, they WON! Huzzah! And England are leading 1-0 at half time in the footie. :D I expect to be editing this on Monday morning to say "Pah! Lousy footballers managed to throw away the lead again"
mind you. :roll:

Edit on Monday morning: What did I tell you...? :(

Cheers, Alf

Mind you the Rugby team did little better, last I saw the forwards were letting the all Blacks walk all over them. :roll:

I must agree though F1 and football bore me to death, in preference I would watch grass grow.

But Rugby and Cricket now then :D :p

Bean

Bean

When I finally make it over( hell + freezing + over) to your neck of the woods, let's talk wood rather than football or F1, OK? :wink:

Cheers
Tony

I relish the prospect Tony, If you wnt a sport free zone try my workshop :D
I do allow music though :D

Bean

johnelliott":3gtfhbr7 said:
Cricket, on the other hand, is much better.

Cricket, CRICKET. Now where to start ….

What sort of sport lets you play for 4 days and then cause it rains you call it a draw ? How very civilised !

What sort of sport lets you stand around on the grass all day and if nobody hits the ball towards you, you take no part at all ?

How riviting is it to watch the bowler stroll away from the wicket rubbing the ball on his crotch, turn and deliver the ball only for the batsman to stick his bat in the way and block it. Then the same 5 minute ritual starts again !!!

My suggestion for a novel twist would be to introduce audience participation by allowing the viewers to vote you out if you are boring them.

Very firmly tongue in cheek :wink:

Jeff

Mdotflorida":1mm4b3bl said:
My suggestion for a novel twist would be to introduce audience participation by allowing the viewers to vote you out if you are boring them.
As a suggestion that has merit. It would have cut Geoff Boycott's career very short for a start. :D

Cheers, Alf

Who'll happily watch the titanic struggle between a good batsman and a canny spinner on a good pitch for hours, with both eyes open and everything... :lol:

ROTFLMAO :D :D Mdot and Alf!! :D :D

Forget football, cricket rugby, F1, or any other sport for that matter. I'd much rather logon here and read the posts you guys come up with. Far more entertaining!!! Gets my vote every time! 8)

Ta muchly Gary

who is a general sports fan, BTW, but does rather enjoy a nice friendly game of Cripple Mister Onion.

Hmm, can you actually get Cripple Mr Onion as a game now? So long as I dont have to hum, whistle through my teeth, root around in my ear or bid my broomstick it might be worth a shot :shock:

Apologies to those of you to whom this makes no sense whatever :wink:

IRL a good game of squash does wonders. I wonder how I am going to recover, I wonder why I am so bad at something that should be so simple, I wonder why I cant hit a wall 14ft by 14ft but can find a strip of tin only 12" high time after time....

Steve.

StevieB":14pl6i7o said:
Hmm, can you actually get Cripple Mr Onion as a game now? So long as I dont have to hum, whistle through my teeth, root around in my ear or bid my broomstick it might be worth a shot :shock:
No humming, whistling, rooting or broomsticks required. Just an ability to understand the rules... :shock: and that's where it usually goes wrong. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Cor, I got confused on the introduction to that Alf :shock:

Might be worth persevering if I ever find 6 other people to play with who also know the rules though...

Cheers,

Steve

*who never really liked onions anyway*

Latest posts

Back