Formica

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed209

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to make some shop counters out of 18mm MDF and laminate with Red or orange Formica could anyone recommend where you can buy & have delivered I have searched the web but most seem to supply bigger companies that want more than a single sheet . I have seen some on Ebay they have some width OK but not long enough but have a couple of sheets would it butt up OK if you cut through both sheets to get the mirror cut on both.

Baldwin Plastic & Laminates are just over the border from Kent in Shenfield,Essex. I think they would be able to source what you may need. I think they would deliver to you as well...!

Ed209":2ok2vmhj said:
I want to make some shop counters out of 18mm MDF and laminate with Red or orange Formica could anyone recommend where you can buy & have delivered I have searched the web but most seem to supply bigger companies that want more than a single sheet . I have seen some on Ebay they have some width OK but not long enough but have a couple of sheets would it butt up OK if you cut through both sheets to get the mirror cut on both.
Hi, it's some years since I last worked with Formica sheet. I dont remember finding it difficult to identify a supplier via google willing to supply a single sheet. Large sheets can be a little awkward to work with as the stuff is easily marked/damaged. I've never tried to cover a surface with more than one piece - and therefore deal with the joint question. How big a piece do you have in mind as most patterns are available up to a good 1.5m x 3.6m or so?

Get in touch with Formica for your closest supplier,
Large sheets I’ve fitted just come in a roll & I’d definitely buy sheets big enough for the job in hand rather than joining them which would make a lot of extra work

9245E659-1B6C-4FF0-9ED9-29CE50AD9A13.jpeg

Attachments

• 9245E659-1B6C-4FF0-9ED9-29CE50AD9A13.jpeg
    9245E659-1B6C-4FF0-9ED9-29CE50AD9A13.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 317
Change of plan the delivery cost for one sheet of Formica is high, If I was to paint some 18mm MDF Red what would be the best paint and would it be a good idea to finish with a protective varnish to make it more hard wearing, I have used Bedec paint before that was quite good and Osmo (on bare wood)

Latest posts

Back